First - This hotel is a fantastic hotel - the sum of all the parts, (food/service/surroundings/pools/atmosphere/rooms) make it the best holiday hotel that we have ever stayed at. If you are looking for a classy (but not stuffy), relaxing, friendly destination look no further. If you want to relax by the pool, you can choose the calm pool (which is very well observed), or if you have excited kids they can play in the other pool. Forget all that nonsense about worrying about sun loungers etc...as JDD have solved that problem, by the incredibly simple solution of having more than enough for everybody! One of the things that I think makes this place tick is that we calculated there were about 40-50 guests staying, and we heard there were about 30 staff, so the service is absolutely first class.
The town of Essauria is an amazing little town with shopping and souks that are far less intimidating than Marrakech.....and the people allow you to look and browse and ask without hassling you. We also did a half day cookery course in the town (with our two teenage kids) which was good fun to do all together, and we did the 3 hour quad biking recommended by the hotel which was fantastic and very very professional and safe......and a camel ride was a box that needed to be ticked...so we did that as well!
However it was difficult to force ourselves away from the hotel as it was so so relaxing simply to stay there, and eat the fantastic food that is presented every few hours!
So.....an amazing place that I can't recommend highly enough!
For the sake of balance/honesty........I should mention that we had a few issues when we arrived with hot water, but it was dealt with immediately and professionally by the staff so it really didn't matter at all. If I had any genuine suggestion for the hotel, I would suggest that they need to get the internet sorted out...we really missed that....and nowadays you don't just need internet for work, as it provides entertainment while relaxing as well...so that was a shame.
Someone else mentioned on trip advisor that they felt uncomfortable due to large parties that seemed to be friends of the owners... but I think this is more that this hotel is so fantastic people go back year after year, so it can appear to be a bit cliquey......but everyone is so polite and discrete, and there is so much space, this is not an issue. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AFTER A HOLIDAY, WE ARE ALREADY TALKING ABOUT GOING BACK NEXT YEAR!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Essaouira hills, sheltered from the high winds in a magnificent natural setting formed over millennia by the Ksob Oued (river), the Jardin des Douars is a beautiful guest ksar (palace) dedicated to lovers of nature, authenticity, simplicity and kindness. A guesthouse of charm in voluptuous forms, constructed in accordance with Moroccan traditions and materials, combining a subtle refinement of decoration with the luxuriance of a garden for real relaxation and simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Jardin des Douars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Des Douars Hotel Essaouira
- Le Jardin Des Douars Essaouira