We stayed on our Honeymoon and had an absolutely amazing time. The Gardens are beautifully kept and provide a welcome oasis for the weary explorer and from intensity of the Medina's.
The food was superb, a blend of fine Moroccan and French cuisine. What made it extra special for us were the fantastic staff who were charming, patient with our poor 'French'! and clearly very proud of their workplace.
Here are our top tips which seem to be the main hang ups for the unhappy visitors.
• Location and transfers:
It is a 10 minute trip out of town in the countryside, as one would expect such a gorgeous site to be, therefore if you are of the exploring type bring a car. JDD do offer a pre-book shuttle town transfer which is cheaper and more comfortable than using a petit taxi.
• Book to suit a family or peace seekers:
JDD is absolutely perfect for families, the gardens provide great entertainment for little explorers being enclosed and safe & secure. The service is consistently good which is why families return. There ARE separate accommodation, restaurants and room options for those who want seclusion, but DO be sympathetic that is hard for JDD to keep both families and peace seeking couples 100% happy and separate, especially during peak periods and the (Belgium?) school holidays. Therefore book outside these periods if peace and silence is of upmost importance to you.
• Wi-Fi & the internet:
There is Wi-Fi but don't expect blisteringly fast speeds, dial-up at best, it will probably improve with future technologies however be sympathetic... you are in Africa and in the countryside. Perhaps appreciate the break from work and the internet - you are on holiday after all!
• French & Arabic speaking?
If you speak poor French (like us). Work on some of your keywords, bring or download a translator, particularly useful for menus. The senior and checking staff speak good English, however the service staff have a limited vocabulary but are keen to work on their English and happy to help you with your French. Respect that you are in another country. Have fun with it... gestures go a long way :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Essaouira hills, sheltered from the high winds in a magnificent natural setting formed over millennia by the Ksob Oued (river), the Jardin des Douars is a beautiful guest ksar (palace) dedicated to lovers of nature, authenticity, simplicity and kindness. A guesthouse of charm in voluptuous forms, constructed in accordance with Moroccan traditions and materials, combining a subtle refinement of decoration with the luxuriance of a garden for real relaxation and simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Le Jardin des Douars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Des Douars Hotel Essaouira
- Le Jardin Des Douars Essaouira