“Felt like home”

Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam
Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my girlfriend really appreciated this small hotel: location was perfect, the room was extremely nice and well furnished, everything was pretty clean and the staff was great too!

On my 2nd and last day I stayed there I started having serious problems with my stomach (it's unavoidable when you go to Morocco for the 1st time!) and asked for some hot water to prepare myself some kind of lemonade. A girl from the staff insisted to offer me a typical infusion to help me and actually was perfect.

Last but not least, if you're going there don't miss their hammam! It's just a small one, but ask for Driss and his berber massage: he really gave me a new life and was the best expended 200DHM of my whole stay in Morocco!

I hope I come back one day!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cuckoo4Caca
There are newer reviews for Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam

Reviewed September 13, 2013

They claim to be the first "bio-hotel" - I didn't get what was so bio about it. Breakfast is ridiculously loveless (a few tiny tomatoes that tasted like german greenhouse tomatoes, a bit of bread, jam, OJ, so-so coffee...), mattresses are pretty hard and I had to kill two giant cockroaches both nights before going to bed. Asked for a bug spray, they looked half-heartedly for one and then told me they didn't have one. Location of the place is pretty good, though.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank XTPH
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On arrival I presented my reservation at the reception. The lady at the reception has been withheld my reservation. According to the reservation should I receive 10% discount, as I stay 3 nights or longer in Lalla Mira. When checking out, they couldn't remember of the promised discount.
At this Point I wanted to talk the manager but she shoult not been in Lalla Mira. This was not supposedly because, I had seen her 2 minutes before. On E-mails from me, in which I complained the overpayment was not responding.
This fraud affected my impression of Lalla Mira very negatively.
It's a shame, because this place is very clean and the staff during my stay were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mybirdy
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked this based on the review in the best known travel guide and we should have known better. Had we checked here first, we would have been wary and probably not stayed there. The staff were friendly, if a little distant. The bed in room nine was awful. The mattress was both thin and hard, with a lumpy, grubby duvet and small, inadequate pillows. The water pressure was atrocious, with just a dribble of water coming from the shower. I know that it's solar heated, I know our room was on an upper floor, but none of that excuses the fact that it was useless. Breakfast was very basic (don't expect decent coffee).

The hammam experience was very rough and ready.

Overall, the place completely lacked charm, and coming from the wonderful place we stayed in in Marrakesh, it was very disappointing to pay the same price and get a fraction of the quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paultheotherbiker
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Lalla Mira oozes with charm and the breakfast is tasty. But the price is very high compared to other places with greater services within the same couple of blocks of the medina. Owner is not keen on wifi. Only a single computer available with internet. Water pressure is quite low (better to go for a gommage at the hammam in order to get clean). Owner is very kind however and female staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Room #4.. beautiful..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gremily
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed with friends in April. the riad was noisy, the beds were not comfortable the breakfast was not edible except for the boil eggs we specially requested. ok for backpackers, but not for people of mature age and used to style and comfort.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank starwales
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pro - easy to find, friendly staff, nice breakfast, female operated
Con - loud street noises, loud animal noises even on top floor, uncomfortable bed, tiniest pillows in the world, hammam was just ok

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple