“Attention Bill fraud”

Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam
Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On arrival I presented my reservation at the reception. The lady at the reception has been withheld my reservation. According to the reservation should I receive 10% discount, as I stay 3 nights or longer in Lalla Mira. When checking out, they couldn't remember of the promised discount.
At this Point I wanted to talk the manager but she shoult not been in Lalla Mira. This was not supposedly because, I had seen her 2 minutes before. On E-mails from me, in which I complained the overpayment was not responding.
This fraud affected my impression of Lalla Mira very negatively.
It's a shame, because this place is very clean and the staff during my stay were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mybirdy
There are newer reviews for Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked this based on the review in the best known travel guide and we should have known better. Had we checked here first, we would have been wary and probably not stayed there. The staff were friendly, if a little distant. The bed in room nine was awful. The mattress was both thin and hard, with a lumpy, grubby duvet and small, inadequate pillows. The water pressure was atrocious, with just a dribble of water coming from the shower. I know that it's solar heated, I know our room was on an upper floor, but none of that excuses the fact that it was useless. Breakfast was very basic (don't expect decent coffee).

The hammam experience was very rough and ready.

Overall, the place completely lacked charm, and coming from the wonderful place we stayed in in Marrakesh, it was very disappointing to pay the same price and get a fraction of the quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paultheotherbiker
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Lalla Mira oozes with charm and the breakfast is tasty. But the price is very high compared to other places with greater services within the same couple of blocks of the medina. Owner is not keen on wifi. Only a single computer available with internet. Water pressure is quite low (better to go for a gommage at the hammam in order to get clean). Owner is very kind however and female staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: Room #4.. beautiful..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gremily
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed with friends in April. the riad was noisy, the beds were not comfortable the breakfast was not edible except for the boil eggs we specially requested. ok for backpackers, but not for people of mature age and used to style and comfort.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank starwales
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pro - easy to find, friendly staff, nice breakfast, female operated
Con - loud street noises, loud animal noises even on top floor, uncomfortable bed, tiniest pillows in the world, hammam was just ok

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLCindy
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My Fiance and I stayed here and loved every minute of it. We fell in love with Essaouira and the people here. Like others mentioned, the rooms back onto an alleyway which can be filled with children playing drums with pop bottles, laughing and being noisy. We enjoyed watching and listening to the children but can understand how some would find it a nuisance. I didn't visit the Hammam in the hotel but my Fiance did and said it was an amazing experience. The beds are hard, so if you're used to plush American beds, this may be an issue. Overall still highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I arrived at this Riad after a bad experience in another one, I must admit that I was exhausted. The service was excellent and the breakfast simply delicious, all organic food. The room very clean and perfect service. Antiallergic matresses and perfect care for detail. Rooms can be reached through narrow stairs.

Breakfast and restaurant is excellent!

The location is central, inside the medina, but walking around in those narrow streets is a little dodgy by night, I suggest you do not walk around too late.

I was just disappointed in the end, when I discovered that a tax was being added to my bill plus room charge, very odd!! I had to leave it but not sure yet that was due to me to pay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo