“An Amazing Week of Photo Opportunities”

Images in the Sun Tours
Ranked #19 of 65 Tours in Essaouira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Day Tours from Essaouira every Wednesday & Sunday into the local countryside visiting a country market (souk). Both photography and cooking workshops available.
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I have just completed an 8-day trip into the Atlas Mountains with Darren, Images in the Sun and it could not have been any better. Besides providing endless opportunities for photographs it also provided a unique glimpse into the lives of the locals. Through his connections, we interacted with a variety of local people and enjoyed their hospitality. These opportunities were never rushed and I am very happy with my images from the trip. Darren was always available for questions, to offer advice and to review photos when asked. I also loved the accommodations. Each were unique, charming and traditional with amazing food. I have fallen in love with this country and can’t wait to come back. I believe much of that is due to the effort that Darren has put into building relationships along the way and sharing them with his guests.

1  Thank bailesh
"knowledge"
"photographed"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Just returned from a nine day trip. This was my second trip with Darren,wonderful
places for photography. Very good hotels and food. Plenty of time to photograph
Fez Chefchaouen,Menknes & Volubils.

1  Thank pambowden1
Reviewed March 27, 2017

Having been out with Darren on three previous trips, I knew we would be seeing some excellent photographic sites and we were not disappointed!

We covered Maracech, Fez, the Cascade Ouzoud Falls, Volublis (Roman ruins), Chefchaouen,and Meknes. There was a lot of travelling involved but the compensation was seeing the rolling hills and thousands of hectares of fertile valleys - so different from the stony deserts further south.

There was plenty of opportunity for street photography but also for architecture and landscape.

Our favourite was Chefchaouen, the blue city, where the architecture was so different and unique that you could not fail to take some brilliant images. The people there are so friendly too.

We were accommodated in traditional Riads which were very good and also provided excellent catering

Being only three hours and ten minutes from Gatwick, this is a fabulous way of getting exposure to a vastly different culture and amazing photographic opportunities.

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed December 1, 2016

Spent a great 10 days with Darren and three other like minded travellers, travelling from Marrakech, over the High Atlas to the desert at Merzouga.

I arrived a day early for the trip with the intention of exploring Marrakech, this was an experience I didn't enjoy the place is full of chancers and rip-off merchants. From the point Darren picked me up from my hotel things improved, he is very knowledgeable of the areas we travelled through and of the people. Apart from visiting well know tourist areas we also met local families and visited a nomad camp in the mountains.

For the photographically minded person there was a wealth of subject matter including vast landscapes, mountains, markets and people. There was always plenty of time to take photographs with the travelling being done during the day when the light isn't at it's best for photography.

Overall it was a great experience that I can thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank RogerGeldard