Images in the Sun Tours
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
An Amazing Adventure

This was my second trip with Darren. The first was a week long photography workshop in Essaouira... read more

Reviewed May 20, 2020
Voyager297919
Nomadic Expedition in Atlas Mountains

Better late than never. As they say, your experience is as good as your company. it completely sums... read more

Reviewed November 22, 2019
AnshulRaj
New Delhi, India

All reviews photo tour atlas mountains sharing his knowledge offer tips their lives darren photographs camera landscape skills andalucia technical dunes expedition shooting expert organisation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2015

An excellent week with Darren Lewey who provided coaching and tuition geared to individuals' experience as well as guided visits to great locations

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 9, 2015

I arrived for this course as an amateur photographer and absolute foodie. I learnt more in a day with Darren than I ever picked up in a weekend course. It is one thing to be good at something, another to teach it effectively. Darren was organised, and great at imparting conceptual understanding. He gets my vote!
His wife Nima was also good on the cooking front.
Accommodation at Maison du Sud was fine, all in all an excellent week.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed August 26, 2015

I have just returned from an amazing photo holiday experience in Essaouira, which is on the Western/Atlantic shores of Morocco. The holidays are run by experienced Photographer and teacher Darren Lewey-here is a link to his website and students gallery, including my own :) <a href="http://imagesinthesun.com" rel="nofollow">imagesinthesun.com</a>
I learnt a lot from Darren, who also offers photo tours to include the Atlas mountains.
Essaouira is a walled city and the medina is a Unesco world heritage site, there is a lively port brimming with photo opportunities, as well as the colours of the medina, the frenetic activity of the Arab Souk and Berber market. I felt I had stepped back in time and had a fantastic journey which I will never forget. I will be making the most of my images and hope to show a variety of them on my Flickr stream, some colourful, some not so pretty but all honest. https://www.flickr.com/photos/juliajbm/20876043916/in/dateposted/

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2015

I had a fabulous week in Essaouira improving my photographic skills with the guidance of Darren, who was a knowledgeable and excellent teacher. I liked the way the course was structured, covering reportage, abstract and portraiture on separate days. I would not hesitate to recommend it. I came away with not only some great images, but also some new photography buddies and a sense of having improved over the week, which is always what you want from a learning experience.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed May 11, 2015

Top class week of tuition specifically tailored to your skill level (in my case complete beginner). Darren took us to places that normal tours don't reach, the riad and restaurants were all good, and the balance betweeen theory and practice meant that I came out of the week feeling much more adventurous and in control of my camera, with some pretty damn good photos as well!
Have a look - http://essaouiraimages.viewbook.com/april-2015