“Essaouira Photography & Cooking Week Holiday”

Images in the Sun Tours
Ranked #18 of 61 Tours in Essaouira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Day Tours from Essaouira every Wednesday & Sunday into the local countryside visiting a country market (souk). Both photography and cooking workshops available.
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Attended the learning holiday in Feb 2016 and can definitely recommend it to anyone with these interests. The transfers from Marrakesh were trouble free and the accommodation at Maison du Sud was good quality and very convenient in the heart of the medina
Tuition and excursions were expertly handled by Darren Lewey, and was just the right balance between learning and fun
The week was attended by a really nice bunch of singles, some doing just photography, some doing just cooking, but everyone mixed in for meals and refreshments
I came back with some great photos and memories of a holiday I wont forget

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"camera"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed October 11, 2015

An excellent week with Darren Lewey who provided coaching and tuition geared to individuals' experience as well as guided visits to great locations

Reviewed September 9, 2015

I arrived for this course as an amateur photographer and absolute foodie. I learnt more in a day with Darren than I ever picked up in a weekend course. It is one thing to be good at something, another to teach it effectively. Darren was organised, and great at imparting conceptual understanding. He gets my vote!
His wife Nima was also good on the cooking front.
Accommodation at Maison du Sud was fine, all in all an excellent week.

Reviewed August 26, 2015

I have just returned from an amazing photo holiday experience in Essaouira, which is on the Western/Atlantic shores of Morocco. The holidays are run by experienced Photographer and teacher Darren Lewey-here is a link to his website and students gallery, including my own :) <a href="http://imagesinthesun.com" rel="nofollow">imagesinthesun.com</a>
I learnt a lot from Darren, who also offers photo tours to include the Atlas mountains.
Essaouira is a walled city and the medina is a Unesco world heritage site, there is a lively port brimming with photo opportunities, as well as the colours of the medina, the frenetic activity of the Arab Souk and Berber market. I felt I had stepped back in time and had a fantastic journey which I will never forget. I will be making the most of my images and hope to show a variety of them on my Flickr stream, some colourful, some not so pretty but all honest. https://www.flickr.com/photos/juliajbm/20876043916/in/dateposted/

See more reviews
Reviewed July 25, 2015

I had a fabulous week in Essaouira improving my photographic skills with the guidance of Darren, who was a knowledgeable and excellent teacher. I liked the way the course was structured, covering reportage, abstract and portraiture on separate days. I would not hesitate to recommend it. I came away with not only some great images, but also some new photography buddies and a sense of having improved over the week, which is always what you want from a learning experience.