Images in the Sun Tours
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
An Amazing Adventure

This was my second trip with Darren. The first was a week long photography workshop in Essaouira... read more

Reviewed May 20, 2020
Voyager297919
Nomadic Expedition in Atlas Mountains

Better late than never. As they say, your experience is as good as your company. it completely sums... read more

Reviewed November 22, 2019
AnshulRaj
New Delhi, India

All reviews photo tour atlas mountains sharing his knowledge offer tips their lives darren photographs camera landscape skills andalucia technical dunes expedition shooting expert organisation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2014

I have just spent an excellent 10 days in Morocco on Darren's photo tour in southern Morocco which runs from Marrakech. In company with his delightful wife Naima, Darren organised a very full itinerary of magnificent photogenic venues combined with very comfortable accommodation in a variety of small hotels and auberges.

Darren's patient assistance and coaching helped me to capture some of the best photos that I have taken and really helped me get so much more out of my Canon 70D. Between Darren and Naima, they organised some superb face-to-face location shoots of delightful Moroccan folks which added a whole extra dimension to in-country photo shoots.

The entire tour covered some 2000 kms (?) which were easily eaten up in the comfort of Darren's Land Cruiser - now complete with some very chunky new tyres!

A totally great experience that I wholeheartedly recommend to any photographer (or spouse) seeking an unusual and spectacularly beautiful location for furthering their photographic skills.

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed October 21, 2014

If you want to improve your photography in a fantastic location with a great teacher at a very reasonable cost. look no further. You are located in a historic Riad in the heart of the Medina surrounded by photographic possibilities. Essaouira is much more laid back that usual tourist Morocco. Darren is an excellent teacher who provides pragmatic advice and useful non threatening feedback. The included nightly dinners include 3 courses of whatever you want from the menu. As well as taking better pictures from portraits throught to abstracts you also learn to make some sense of you work and develop themes. Optional cookery classes icluding shopping for ingredients in the market are another highlight.. 5* + Some images from the holiday are included below

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank 507charlesa
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I have just got back from a week in Morocco on this course. I have attended a variety of day courses and meet ups in London, but the week with Darren was by far the most useful tuition I have ever had. There were some very challenging moments, but I think we all improved precisely BECAUSE we were taken out of our comfort zone. Darren gave us so much technical and creative guidance and I really felt that I knew what I was doing with my camera by the end of the week. The approach of a different focus each day made me look at things around me in a whole new light, and I can't wait to get out with my camera and put my skills to further use now I am home. The Riad we stayed in was great, and Darren organised a different restaurant for each night. He was a great source of information on Moroccan lifestyles, culture, food etc. We went to places and met people we would never have done on our own. He was great at organising additional activities such as Hammam and cooking classes. Essaouira is a lovely place too - it is very relaxed, very friendly, and wonderful for the summer as the strong breezes keep the temperature down. I stayed on for a few days at the end in a Riad down by the beach, and it is also a lovely place for sunbathing by the pool, trying kite surfing, camel rides etc. I really can't recommend this course enough. It was great to spend time with other enthusiasts and I think we all got a lot out of each other's feedback, as well as Darren's. I would love to go back to do another trip with him!

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just got back from a great week in Essaouira on Darren's photography course. The riad was lovely with attentive staff and a lovely roof terrace. Darren's tuition was good, pointing out our strengths, lots of technical advice and guidelines for improving composition and execution. Everyone in our group of 5 improved through the week as a result of having the room to go beyond our comfort zones and try new types of photography (reportage and portraits for me). The best thing about the experience was getting to know the group and we're already planning to meet up and take more photos now we're back in London!

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I undertook the 10 day Atlas Tour in May and consider myself an intermediate DSLR user. It was definitely one of the best photographic tours I have ever been on and have many incredible memories as a result. Morocco is a stunning country as it is, but Darren and Naima's itinerary is unique, well thought-out, and jam-packed full of an impressive range of opportunities for all interests. It was particularly great to find that, not only had meetings been arranged with locals, but there was flexibility to accommodate the unexpected and make the most of photographic opportunities as they arose, such as stopping for a portrait of a shepherd we encountered crossing the Atlas. Meeting the people and families was one of the highlights and Darren was always on hand to offer tips and advice, as well as ensure stops were timed to make the best use of the light. As a solo female traveller, I felt completely comfortable in their company and Moroccan hospitality is warm and generous. Unquestionably, I saw a Morocco that the vast tour groups driving down to the dunes and back to Marrakech in the space of 48hrs miss. I will definitely be back for an Essaouria visit soon!

Date of experience: May 2014