“A place to sit down and relax”
Review of Safran

Safran
Ranked #54 of 274 Restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

During our 4 day stay we were kindly welcomed by the staff, so we returned a few times. The food, drinks and service are very good. The place is located on a square where you can sit on the terrace or on a balcony. On both places you can enjoy in the sun. We recommend Safran!

1  Thank JayAroundTheGlobe

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had two delicious lunches at Safran during my short stay in Essaouira. It is one of a dozen restaurants on the corn market square at the center of the medina. An outdoor table was a good location for people watching, as well as taking in the occasional musicians or acrobats (who passed the hat of course). I can heartily recommend both the fish and the chicken pastilla (see photos). Service was on the casual side, but friendly and competent. While not haute cuisine these were two of the most memorable meals I had during a two-week visit to Morocco.

1  Thank MergyMass
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant is in the corn market in the Medina. The food is tasty and fresh. I loved the tagines and the seafood plate was amazing. There is a small terrace upstairs that is nice to eat at especially on a sunny day. Lovely staff and great value food.

1  Thank Adfnz
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The restaurant is located on a tourist laden square, none the less the atmosphere was good. The highlight of our visit was the fried fish platter at 99 DH. A glorious selection of fresh fish at an excellent price. Morrocan Mojito (mocktail) was very nice too. Meat dish was just average.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved this small courtyard restaurant and had lunch here twice during our stay. My husband ate Gambas and squid whilst I will rave about the freshness of the sardines forever. The staff were very nice and service was very personal. This restaurant also does super fresh squeezed juices. I would highly recommend the lemon juice.
Free wifi too if you want it.