“Not worth it...”
Review of Green Wok - CLOSED

Green Wok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Green wok: the address 100% Asian in Essaouira. Spring rolls, skewers, inspired by the cuisines prepared Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai.Eat in or take away!
Clonakilty, Ireland
“Not worth it...”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was quite disappointed with Green Wok, which is a shame, because I was more than excited to have something in Morocco different from vegetable tagine. When I looked at the menu, I thought, "Okay, this is a little expensive, but I am sure it will be worth it.." and boy, was I ever wrong. After waiting outside for 10 minutes for them to actually open (it was 12:30 even though they claimed to open at 11:30 according to their sign) we sat down and handed a menu, but without any friendliness. We ordered noodles and fried vegetables, and a vegetable stirfry with garlic sauce. When they arrived, I was appalled at the tiny portions and lack of vegetables. The noodle dish had a few shredded carrots and maybe two mushrooms in the whole dish. The stirfry was 90 per cent cabbage, with a bowl of white rice, and the so called "garlic sauce," tasted more like your generic soy sauice than anything. At the end of our visit, we paid the outrageous 105 dirhams (over 10 euros, which is A LOT for Morocco) and weren't even given a mere thank-you. If you want good food in Essaouira, please look elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Amanda H

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Most boring and overpriced meal ever..”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My girlfriend I were very excited to have found a wok place in Essaouira as our tastebuds had quickly become tired of tajines and couscous. We are both veggies so we were excited to explore the veggie options on the menu even though we thought it was a bit expensive. Well, it turned out to be the worst meal i have had in a looooong time. The fried noodles with veggies was just some 30ct rama noodles with a few pieces of carrot and the tai curry consisted of a pile of cabbage in soy sauce with a bit of white rice. For the price we paid (105 dirham) it was an absolute dissapointment. Veggies stay away from this place and go to La Cantina or Trikala instead, these places serve awesome veg food with a far greater ambiance customer service.

Visited September 2013
you945, Gérant at Green Wok, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your various comments. They help us to improve day by day. They are beneficial to us to satisfy you best.

Thank you and hope to see you again as soon as possible.

green wok.
“Good things come in little packages!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We kept walking past this tiny place and decided we needed a change of cuisine after so many tagines. Sometimes it's difficult to have variety as a vegetarian in some cultures. The food was excellent!

• Visited September 2013
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
“Twice In A Day”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I ate here twice today for lunch and dinner! They have very nice food and I can really attest to that because I am from that side of the world. The staff were kind enough to grant our request of not cooking in too much oil. They can also speak English so there will never be a problem with communicating.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This little gem was the saviour of our Holiday, after nearly 2 weeks of couscous and tagines we had just about had enough, we came across this little gem and we gave it a try, OMG delish authentic Thai food which my friend and I love and I tend to cook a lot of, clean, friendly staff (who gave me a few things to try to make sure they had the taste right), great value for money and we went back several times to get take out, as well as eating in, before heading back to Marrakech.

• Visited August 2012