“"Ask for ESSAADIA"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cle de Voute

La Cle de Voute
Ranked #13 of 262 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant decorated with gaiety. Home in simplicity and gentillese. Small menu card but regular suggestions.
Anglesey, United Kingdom
“"Ask for ESSAADIA"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

...and you will experience customer service like you wish they could do it in UK & european restaurants. This charming, funny and highly professional young waitress complimented the French Lady owner's attention to detail wonderfully. FANTASTIC FOOD - EXCELLENT SERVICE ... what more can I say .... you simply need to book a table ...

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
“exceptional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

great food and nice atmosphere - the service was exceptional. the fish is very fresh but basic, end result is still good.

Florence
“Nothing less than excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Guess food is a very personal thing because I can't imagine how anyone could call this place overrated. We ate three out of four meals here because it was so good. We even finished a meal at Triksala unsatisfied and went to La Cle to eat again. I thought the fresh date bread with the Moroccan salad was one of the best things I have ever tasted. The couscous tanjine was the best I had during my two week stay in Morocco and I had the pan fried apples with ice cream all three meals. I could not help myself and my mouth still waters just thinking about it . The service was exceptional, they even accommodated us on New Years eve. Since I didn't eat half of the special menu, they let me order from the regular menu. The chicken pastilla was flaky on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside. Everything we ate there was amazing and a great value. It's not like you should go there expecting haute cuisine and then be disappointed , it's a regular restaurant, a really, really good one.

Hinterbruhl, Austria
“Could do better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The restaurant has it's charm - small and intimate with pleasant decor. I chose the duck breast salad - four slices of smoked duck with a huge salad as a starter and for mains, the meatballs and a couscous of vegetables and lamb. The former was absolutely fabulous but sadly the lamb was inedible. The owner took the meat part of the bill off - fine but disappointing. There was a good choice of wine but no list offered. I'm not sure why this restaurant is rated so highly - we found others with much better quality meat. Shame...

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“I guess we expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Such raving reviews in TA but we just didn't get what the fuss was about. Food was nice but didn't blow us over. Then again neither did triskala and everyone raves about that one. Anyway.
Food felt kinda like well presented basic food. I didn't feel impressed with any of the flavours like I did at restaurant d'orient - their other business.
I don't mean to be harsh because its a lovely restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles