Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa
$85
$83
$177
$140
Palais des Remparts(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Restaurant
$350
$313
1,731 results
All reviewsgolf coursehalf boardnatural poolkids clubkasbah restauranthourly shuttlea la carte restaurantvoyage privemain poolpool bargary playerturn down servicetiled bathsand dunesbeautiful hotelbreakfast and dinnerprivate pool
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days(despite the best efforts of the hotel). I had booked a 3 night stay and on the afternoon after the second night I tried to change some money at the reception. At this point they told me I had overstayed. Worse still they told me I must leave immediately. I went to my room to confirm - they had disabled my key. On returning to get it enabled I was again told to leave immediately. Both these occurred in front of many other people. My sick wife was drinking tea on the terrace and left that(this was never refunded). I eventually managed to get an internet connection to my email and confirm their error, on returning yet again to the desk did they say they had finally bothered to check my paperwork and I was correct. I believe their comment was "You're not angry are you".

I should also add that the room air fan went into a very loud overdrive early one morning and did not shut down for 2 hours as I guess the maintenance man had a prior emergency to deal with.

On a more personal note the room design was not to my liking - the lack of real door on toilet means that if someone in the room uses it you sound disturbingly close.

Do yourself a favour and stay in a riad - much nicer, more convenient and cheaper.

Room Tip: stay in a riad.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at our hotel.

I was extremely sadden to read that your stay with us was not a pleasant one, and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused tou you.

I would like to reassure you that it is never our intention to disappoint our guests, and that corrective actions based on your feedback will be implemented immediately.

I hope you will give us a second chance to positively impress you. Should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Once again, I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention this shortfall in our services and look forward to welcoming you back to Mogador.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The welcoming was very good , The staff was very friendly and the hotel had a great charm about it. The room we stayed in was spacious and the bed was so comfortable, the bed linen was of high quality and the room was well equipped with complimentary coffee facilities in the room,we had free complimentary soft drinks and water stocked in the mini bar each day. The terrace was very spacious and had very comfortable sofa seats. The room had a open bath and shower so not for the shy body conscious type.The pool was very clean and the outside surrounding was very attractive. The shuttle Bus takes you to the medina free from the hotel and take around about 10 to 15 mins ride you can not walk to the medina and the last bus is at 8.20pm and then you would have to take a taxi which cost 50 dinhams should cost 30 to 35 dinhams good luck on that..The alcohol and food was expensive in the hotel can get so much cheaper in the medina plenty of places to eat and drink...The Torres Bar I would recommend to go in that is near the medina. Overall a great stay very relaxing....Fripps

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fripps_12
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The rooms were a good size and very well designed as many were interconnecting thus perfect for travelling with children. The outdoor terrace was lovely and very spacious. The only complaint was the bathroom with lack of shower enclosure which left the bathroom a swampland in minutes.

The international buffet was very good with plenty of choice. The only complaint in this regard was that I had warned the hotel that I was severly dairy, gluten, and egg intolerant and requested they obtain gluten free bread etc..which despite further requests while we were there never was fulfilled.
Overall lovely place and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank you for your review of the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa on Tripadvisor.

I was surprised to read your comments with regards to your dietary requirements as we pride ourselves in providing several gluten free options in our menus (pizzas, pastas, bread, etc.).
I will investigate why we were unable to provide the requested items, and please allow me to express my apologies for the inconvenience.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of our rooms and you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.

On behalf of all of us, I look forward to welcoming you back to Mogador.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, great pool and different restaurants options. The international buffet was exquisite ! And the breakfast buffet is also great. The golf is right next to the hotel which is great. We found that the service at some point was not up to 5* standards. Don't get me wrong, they welcomed us with tea and many gentlemen to bring our luggage. But I found their "speech" to be very ceremonial and unnatural.
We went for dinner at their gastronomic restaurant. Again, food was great, but service ... our waitress was not very smiley and looked a bit snob. Plus when we got there, the bathroom had no soap left, no hand towels and it stayed like that for quite a while, until one of us told them while they were chit-chatting at the reception of the restaurant. So, that's kind of what I mean by service is not up to 5* hotel. But overall, great place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel very nice, and particularly appreciated the quality of our dining options, the pool and the golf facilities.

I would also like to personally thank you for your constructive feedback, which help us to monitor and improve our standards.

On behalf of all of us, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were warmly greeted and escorted to our rooms. The rooms are spacious, very well appointed, decor modern and inviting. The pool and spa were 5-Star.
Wonderful location - 5 minute walk to the Medina.
I would highly recommend the hotel for a personal or corporate stay.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms face the spectacular pool..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & spa on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us, and were particularly satisfied with the size of the rooms, the heated swimming pool and the Spa.

On behalf of all of us, thank you for recommending our hotel.

Kind regards,