“Charming restaurant with great food and small prices”
Review of Miyame

Miyame
Ranked #16 of 267 Restaurants in Essaouira
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant on our first evening in Essaouira and luckily the big table was still free. We were positively surprised by the fair prices. So we ordered quite a lot. The soup was delicious as were the shrimps and the risotto we had on our first night. I can also recommend the green tea with rose... We finished our dinner with the best apple cake/tarte I have ever eaten and ended up eating at this place every day of our stay in Essaouira. Do try the fish plate if you have the chance, even or friend who does not east fish enjoyed it!
The owners are genuinely kind and friendly and warm people who can only be recommended for the cosy space they have created in their restaurant.
Just as a side note, in general people tend to come back to this restaurant so you might want to reserve a table otherwise you might have to wait a bit. And it is a but difficult to find but worth it.

1  Thank the_mishmumkin
There are newer reviews for Miyame

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by a young man who had showed us around Essaouira, he said ''Go to this place, it is missed because of the location but it's the best!''. We trusted the young guide and we looked inside, only 4 tables and very relaxing, so we took it! We saw the price list and we were astonished by the prices! We ordered 2 soups (needed more spice), 2 steaks (lovely) and 2 fish dishes. The whole family was happy with their food and that I tell you is hard! 100% recommended! Hard to find though... Lovely owners!

1  Thank Jens J
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were recommended this place by the owners of our guest house and we weren't disappointed. It had lovely decor, small and intimate with low tables which were fine for us but my Grandma wouldn't have been comfortable :)
I had the shrimp which was delicious but the stand out dish was the grilled fillet of fish with orange butter - my partner describes it as "one of the best fish experiences of my culinary life". I never would have paired fish with orange but it totally worked. We both had the harira soup to start which was nice but I would have preferred it to be spicier. The seafood, decor and friendly service made it for us.

1  Thank yumsies
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We found this by accident late in the evening when most other places were closed. We loved the fish. Great value.

2  Thank Ballygorran
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Fresh grilled fish , Kindness of people, cheap meals and great fresh morroco food
Not always open Call before