“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MOROCCO.”
Review of Miyame

Miyame
Ranked #18 of 269 Restaurants in Essaouira
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Ironically the most underrated dining experience in Morocco just happens to be anything but the fodd! But Miyame is a tiny place (about 4 tables) with just the BEST food in the WORLD! Make sure you get a reservation and you might have to wait a little as the food is prepared fresh. I hope I can add a picture of the place, if you're going to Essaouira, MIYAME is a must!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I found this little place on the recommendation of the riad at which I was staying. I heard they had really good food, especially fish. So I went and tried the stuffed sardines (which was all they had that day) and it was lovely. It was stuffed with herbs and little tomato; so tasty! There was a nice pilaf with it. I had the usual mint tea, and finished with the apple tart, which was really well done. And, the folks running were very nice and always helpful. I think they speak a little English, too, if your French or Arabic is not too good (I spoke in French, but I noticed that they understood folks who spoke little French, and were English-speaking). Overall, it was a great experience with great food and hospitality.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you get a chance to eat in this restaurant, try the apple pie. We bought more for the next day when we were going back to Marrakeish.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Only 4 tables made this place very special. Good menu selection with fresh shrimps in Moroccan spices and melt in the mouth tarte aux pommes. Well worth finding and our best value for money meal in Morocco. Thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We liked this restaurant because the food was good and the service very friendly. Very small and cozy.