Riad Zelaka
Madada Mogador(Essaouira)
$116
$97
  • Breakfast included
Palais des Remparts(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Restaurant
$132
$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$350
$314
All reviewsstayed here for nightsperfect locationexplorersunbatheriadmedinasurfing
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in the riad for one night in November and found it to be a lovely experience. Having never been to Essaouria before we did initially have some difficulty finding the riad, however the location is excellent, conveniently located within the medina and so it is perfect to relax in after a day of browsing the markets. The owner Laure went out of his way to ensure we had an enjoyable visit to Essaouria, providing us with a map and helping us find our bearings. He also recommended us a variety of restaurants to visit, even offering to walk us there! We were able to leave our luggage there after we had checked out in the morning which enabled us to pick up some last minute bargains. Laure also gave us a wooden keyring on our departure, carved from Thuya wood which was a nice souvenir.
The room was beautifully furnished and very impressive for the price which included breakfast.
I would recommend this riad to anyone looking to spend time in Essaouria and would definitely stay there again if I am lucky enough to return to Morocco.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were in the RIAD for a week early May. It was a nice stay and we keep in memory all the kindness of the morocco people in our heart.
The Riad is quiet with average and large rooms. Breakfast from Hasna and Amina were fantastic !
During our vacation we met people from different country and with the help of Hasna visit places in Essaouira and have fun !
Thank's a lot for this greet time

Room Tip: Take on the second floor so you are just close the terrace ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This riad is really cozy! So much so that on my 2nd and final night I decided to stay in instead of joining the action outside. The rooms are tastefully furnished, clean, and most important - warm! It started to get cold when I was there. Laure, the owner, and the two other ladies who work here are really friendly and will help make your stay as comfortable as possible - offering extra blankets, a radiator, great food.... Also, I'd arranged a camel ride before I got to Morocco, not realizing that it was overpriced. Hasna referred me to one of their contacts who does camel excursions at a much cheaper price and it turned out to be the highlight of my Morocco adventure. I loved Essaouira and I loved this riad!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nathalie M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The renovations in the riad are beautiful, the room we stayed in was bright and clean and the bathroom and showere were wonderful

Good things
--Laure--she welcomed us and gave us a selection of rooms to select from as it was the slow period before christmas and gave us information about the town.
--The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable
--Location--the riad is so easy to find and on a quiet side street.
--Great Wifi

Neutral--breakfast was ok...the coffee was weak and not great tasting.

Bad
--the service was mixed; when Laure was there it was fine, Laure asked if I wanted to have the mats for the chairs, but it was late in the afternoon and the sun was about to go down. I thought taking the mats out this should have been a daily activity if the sun was shining and it if was warm, which was every day we were in Essuaria.
--The rooms/riad was musty. On the sunny days the windows should be opened on the terrace to let in the fresh, warm air.
--breakfast should be served on the terrace if the sun is shinning and it is warm. I asked if it would be possible to have breakfast on the terrace and was told no without any explanation so I was too scared to ask again.

It seemed as if no one was ever at the Riad. When Laure was at the Riad, we were greeted upon return, but other than that it seemed as if the Riad was abanded.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here in Mid-September and initially booked for one night only but kept extending and extending every day because we loved Essaouira and we loved the Riad and the people running it. Really can't recommend it enough. Room was great, loved the bathroom and the hot shower felt fantastic after a few weeks travelling round Morocco and showering under cold drizzle!

Matt & Linnea