“In need of a deep cleaner!!”

Hammam - Hotel Lalla Mira Essaouira
Ranked #17 of 21 Spas & Wellness in Essaouira
More attraction details
Owner description: Le hammam est situé sur l’emplacement du plus vieux bain de la ville d’Essaouira. Après les travaux de restauration, il est devenu le premier hammam marocain chauffé par énergie thermo solaire. A l’intérieur, les méthodes les plus typiques de l’art du bain au Maroc vous seront proposées (relaxation, massage, etc.…) selon la thérapie Gnaoua.
Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

My wife and daughter booked a one hour hamnam with a very friendly and polite lady on reception. All signs were positive so far. Sadly however once they descended into the hammam it was obvious that a deep clean was needed and some extensive redecoration was long overdue. There was a slight musty odour, tiles were chipped , the coloured lights were in need of replacing, buckets looked old and dirty, towels were grey and even the locker facility and changing room was in need of a repaint and refresh. The hammam lady was very kind and polite but she was not working with the facilities or environment she should have had to ensure her customers had a positive experience.

1  Thank LJ-Suth

Reviewed July 15, 2015

We went there trusting opinions on tripadvisor and are really upset.
Massage from Driss and his boss are correct but the duration (1 hour) has not be respected. Only 30 mminutes after paying 280 Dh in total including Hammam.
The Hammam room is really dirty (I kept my shoes coming from the streets !) so hygiene can be really quesionned. Finally, hammam was quite cold despite the nice bio wording (solar water heating) which is only rubish.

2  Thank Jean-Christophe H
Reviewed May 24, 2015

I went there for a massage, the girls have been really kind and the massage I had has been very good. The room was a little bit dark, with only two little red lights, but that is useful to completely relax.
Maybe the massage bed was not 100% fresh as it smelled a bit as damp, but that was not a big issue cause after the massage I washed myself to take off the argan oil which was used in big quantity (my skin was veeery very happy :) )
Absolutely easy to find, not expensive at all.

Reviewed May 3, 2015

I Simply LOVE Lalla Mira, I love the ladies working there. I take all my friends on a visit to go and experience what a hammam is all about. Feel clean and relaxed just as if you were a child and your mum gave you a good scrub after a day out.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 11, 2014

I booked the hammam because of the Eco credentials of this place. At 260 Dh it was slightly cheaper than I pay at home for one hour . However, I'd didn't get one full hour. I was warm but the place smelled damp and musty. As I hadn't read up about the hammam I kept my knickers on and was surprised when I was doused in water! I tipped the masseuse, but she didn't look happy with the amount (17 Dh as this was all I had in change) so I hope that they are well paid and don't have to rely on tips.

1  Thank lorriemarc