“Excellent in Essaouira”
Review of La Cantina - CLOSED

La Cantina
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Cantina Essaouira is an English cafe serving delicious home-cooked English and international food, juices and smoothies. Popular dishes include jacket potatoes, chilli con carne, vegetarian curries and stir-fries and the best burgers in North Africa! For those with a sweet tooth, carrot cake, warm banana bread drizzled with honey and fresh scones with jam and cream are an absolute must.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great food, friendly helpfull staff, fresh food and bread, if you want something different to the rest,

There are newer reviews for La Cantina

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wonderful stuffed baked potatoes, chili con carne, freshly baked scones at tea time , legendary cheeseburgers on home made Portugese rolls but most of all there's Sharon and Sandy both Brits who know everything about making diner food taste and look like haute cuisine...Service, food, cozy ambience and hospitality make La Cantina a standout in Essaouira.Don't miss it.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

During our stay in Essaouira we have been at La Cantina twice.
A lovley little cafe in a nice open place.
The food is okei. Place is clean, and owner is very friendly. Hamburgers and baked potatoes with chili.
Good for a change if you are tired from morocon dishes.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Spend 4 days in Essaouira and I stopped by every day. As a vegetarian I can't judge the burgers but I had a very nice curry. The terrace is a perfect spot to escape a moment of the busy streets nearby. Small plaza is such a charming place, I loved it! Very friendly staff, clean restaurant and bathroom.

1  Thank Samarena
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was our last morning in Essaouria and while having one last look around the shops I saw a sign saying 'English Tea!'
Well you could hear me scream with delight back in Marrakech I imagine as I was so happy.
I called my friends who were looking in a tile shop over and in we went into this tiny little cafe.

Once in there a familar accent greeted us, a lovely woman called Sharon from Sheffield, who said that they didn't open till 12 but if its just a brew that we want then take a seat! After days of mint tea which I am not a big fan of, a good English brew was most welcome!

Highly recommend if your like me and just sometimes crave the comfort of home! Small but perfectly formed!