“Excellent Rhiad, amazing location, could not want...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Breakfast
Outside the Blue salon
Top Terrace
Top Terrace at dusk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Marisha G
Bequia
“Excellent Rhiad, amazing location, could not want more.”
Reviewed February 3, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I travelled alone to Essaouira and stayed in this beautiful Rhiad. I had the most fantastic week. Zara was so lovely and her cooking was some of the best I experienced in my 6 week trip around Morocco. The weather in December was so beautiful, I sunbathed on the roof of the Rhiad everyday. I love the location, I could walk everywhere I wanted to go within Essaouira. The rhiads interior decoration was very pretty and well maintained. I couldn't have had a happier trip, having planned on staying in Morocco for only a week, I ended up travelling around for another 6 weeks, purely because my stay at Dar Qwai made me desperate to see more of what amazing Morocco had to offer. I loved it.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Management Response
Feb 5, 2016
Thank you, Marisha! Very high praise indeed!
Suki Z
Ubud
“Exquisite”
Reviewed September 27, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Daw Qawi is stunning. Absolutely impeccable in every way - with so many details and touches of brilliance. From hot water bottles to reading lamps, every possible need has been thought of by the stylish owners. Ideally located with easy access to Bab Marrakech, and yet deep in the medina, without noise or pollution from traffic, Daw Qawi is a sun trap, a haven, a home. I'm so very fortunate to have stumbled upon it.

The house manager went out of her way to make me comfortable, the housekeeper was so generous and enthusiastic with catering to my gluten-free diet, and the owner is most charming and thoughtful.

As a map head, I loved the map I was given, with recommendations for restaurants, and sights around town. Honestly I barely left the house for the first three days, it was just so lovely, and such a gorgeous respite from the hustle and bustle of travel around Morocco.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secluded sun deck.
Liked least: That I had to leave!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Berryhill...
“Lovely Oasis - Sun, Relax, and Seafood!”
Reviewed September 7, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

From the start of planning this trip both the owner and house manager were super helpful with planning and helped us have a stress-free easy arrival to the house after a long day of traveling! The house is a beautiful gem inside the Medina with walking distance to the beach, port, and the square with fun restaurants. The house staff are amazing and can arrange tours and other fun things to do for you, and prepare the BEST food! We have already ordered Moroccan spices and cooking pots for Tajine. We absolutely loved the food and were so thankful that this rental came with a sweet housekeeper who even told me what ingredients were in some of the dishes she made for us. This was the perfect getaway house for us; the decor inside was enough to keep you from wanting to leave and go explore Essaouira.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
GwenTrixi...
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Unexpected heaven”
Reviewed August 30, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Everything at Dar Qawi is thought through perfectly so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday. The riad is a wonderful cross between home and hotel - all mod cons you might want from a hotel, but the freedom and comfort of being at home. The team who is on hand to support your visit - breakfasts, tours and activities, advice - are so kind and helpful without being obtrusive. The location is perfect and peaceful, with a wonderful roof terrace so that you can catch the sun or enjoy dusk amongst your family and friends. The bedrooms are stylish, each with en-suite bathrooms. I spent a lot of my time there examining all the small details for home decorating inspiration! A total gem that I would recommend to anyone.

Liked best: Relaxing in style
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
Fundetect...
Caracas, Venezuela
“Fantasy, comfort, beauty and relax... A true vacation package”
Reviewed August 30, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I traveled with my daughter, son in law and two granddaughters, 3 and 6 years old. Dar Qawi is a beautiful riad that's been totally renovated with excellent taste and offers a perfect combination of comfort, service and intimacy. The owner has a fantastic team working for you during your stay. Zahra, the housekeeper cleans the house, makes the beds, does your laundry, makes scrumptious breakfast and can cook and outstanding moroccan meal to order if you don't feel like going out. Sandra, handles all reservations for restaurants, transports, etc. with absolute efficiency, and Redoin, can set up a small tour to visit berber villages, local markets, etc. We stayed for nine days, and found something wonderful to explore every day of our visit. There's so much to do!
This was our first experience in Morrocco, and we fell in love with the atmosphere, the customs, the delicious food and the people, We felt absolutely safe and welcome. Everyday was an experience and it felt wondeful to return to the intimacy of a house that felt like home away from home.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The intimacy of staying in a home combined with excellent service so we could truly relax and enjoy
Liked least: The garbage on the streets of Essaouira.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Nicola M
“Just beautiful! A haven of relaxation in the heart of the busy Medina...”
Reviewed March 2, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

I stayed here with a group of girl friends last autumn, we had an absolutely perfect stay with Dar Qawi!

This Riad is in a great location on Rue de Agadir inside the Essaouira Medina, close to the shops, restaurants and the beautiful beach which makes journey's light, but it's away from the hussle and bussle of the busy main strip and quiet enough to feel like you're in own your own little paradise...

Inside, the Riad was very comfortable with stylish interiors, with a definite WOW factor when you first walk in to the lower floor. The lower floor has a traditional layout with a gorgeous fountain in the middle of the room, this was sprinkled with fresh rose petals each day of our stay! There is also a well stocked book shelf on the lower floor which was ideal as I love a good holiday read... most of the books were in English but there were a few other languages too.

The second floor leads you to the beautiful bedrooms, all comfortable in size and all connect to a balcony overlooking the lower floor and its gorgeous fountain. All bedrooms had their own bathroom, which was ideal for us as a big group and made things very easy in the morning times. This floor also has alot of room for luggage and storage, again - perfect for big groups.

On the third floor there opens out onto an outdoor roof top courtyard with access to the well-equipt kitchen and living room. This is where we had breakfast each morning, the high walls of the lower courtyard made it feel like a private paradise, with a few pot pants and little Moroccan window-esque shutters help you get a glimpse of the outside world - perfect for people watching!

Each day we were looked after my a house keeper who came each morning to cook us breakfast and make the beds, she was absolutely lovely and made us feel very at home!

I would highly recommend this Riad for groups of friends or families, as well as couples looking for a little space and relaxation (and a touch of luxury!) for their stay. Loved it so much and I can't wait to return.

Liked best: I loved the
Liked least: Nothing, it can't be faulted.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
LaoniTye
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Extremely beautiful stay in an amazing Riad!”
Reviewed March 1, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

We had the most amazing week staying here, made some memories that will last forever! The location is great, staying in the main complex where there are plenty of places to eat, drink, shop and relax. It is super friendly and all of the locals were very nice. The Riad itself has been done out beautifully, you can tell a lot of time and effort has gone in to make it a relaxing space to live in with lots of attention to detail.
Zara the house maid was fantastic, cooking us delicious pancakes, freshly squeezed orange juice, pastries, fruit and fresh coffee to give you the best start to the day. Breakfast outside on the balcony in the morning was a definite highlight. Zara also cooked us a delicious vegetarian tagine for our first night there too which was great and meant we could just relax when we arrived.
The rooms are all nicely done and there is plenty of space to relax and unwind. Would love to visit again someday.

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing