“Fabulous riad”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Breakfast
Outside the Blue salon
Top Terrace
Top Terrace at dusk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Laura H
Lancaster
“Fabulous riad”
Reviewed November 14, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

A big thank you for lending us your lovely riad last week, we had a wonderful time and really enjoyed exploring Essaouira. The riad was fabulous, lovely location and a very relaxing place to come back to from the hustle and bustle of the medina!

Zara was great, the breakfasts were lovely and we did ask her to cook a few evening meals which were great and a real treat to be cooked for. Sandra and Redouin were also really helpful.

Thank you again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
van_den_e...
London
“Absolutely superb - a wonderful, thoroughly relaxing week”
Reviewed November 3, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

My best friend and I booked this Riad as we badly needed a week away, unplugged, to relax and recharge. We had such a wonderful stay here - from the moment we walked in (seeing a gorgeous internal water feature) to when we saw our rooms (beds covered in rose petals) to when we stepped out onto the roof terrace - lovely sunloungers, and a grgeous lounge to watch TV, eat, rest from the sun, etc. We were looked after really well by Zara, who cooked our breakfasts and cleaned the Riad every day. There were some lovely things to do in Essaouira as well - I would recommend the Tarso Cafe and La Mamouche in particular for dinner and cocktails. A wonderful, wonderful week away.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AndyMac19...
London, United Kingdom
“A great tranquil getaway in the heart of a medieval Moroccan medina”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

I'm almost hesitant to leave a great review simply because I don't want this place to become booked up when I want to return!! However, that would be a true injustice to the place as it deserves a full thumbs up; five Tripadvisor circles; and a recommendation on my facebook account and word of mouth to anyone I speak to about Morocco.
This is my second time returning to Dar Qawi, and hope to make it a yearly thing. Dar Qawi has a peaceful and cool presence, nestled in amongst the intricate maze of narrow passages that make up the ancient walled city of Essaouira. It's a great location, perfect for the shopping and the relaxed local Moroccan atmosphere that is exclusive to Essaouira, whilst also being just a short walk to the beach, harbour and fantastic local restaurants serving all manner of local and international cuisine, suitable for all budgets.
If you are looking for winter or summer sun, with relatively unaffected true Moroccan culture (without the hassle), a choice of relaxing on a garden rooftop, or at the beach, or an action packed getaway with quad biking, kite-surfing, golf and more; then Essaouira is the place, and I would look to stay no-where else but Dar Qawi.
Laid-back and unpretentious luxury.

Traveling group: With Friends
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers

Barcelona
Reviewed August 9, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Traveling group: Friends
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing