WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A little piece of Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Remmy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Essaouira
Riad Remmy
Ranked #27 of 177 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Manchester
“A little piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I visited Morocco as our treat for our 2 big birthdays this year. We started in Marrakech and stayed in a Riad in the Medina. Very nice but lacked atmosphere.
I couldn't wait to head to the coast and after a relaxing 2.5 hr drive we were met by Stu and Remmy. Straightaway I knew we had made the right choice. The Riad is beautiful and well designed, but the outstanding feature of this Riad is the warmth and helpfulness of Stu, Tracey, Sandra and little Remmy. We started with a guided tour of Essaouira hosted by Stu & Remmy, and where shown all the local hot and not spots, recommended the best beach bars, local fish grill and the fab italian icecream parlour. Sandra booked us a great restaurant for our celebration meal, Elizar which was perfect - highly recommend the beef! Essaouira is a beautiful, eclectic destination and Riad Remmy is a hidden gem

Room Tip: We had the double room on top floor, next to kitchen and good access to roof terrace. Perfect choic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I had been making our down through Morocco and planned to treat ourselves to a little R&R in Essaouira. We had initially booked to stay in an apartment stay, but the host contacted us right away as it had been booked on a different website at the same time. He suggested to stay in Riad Remmy, although disheartened to not have our first choice, we were not disappointed. Sandra was fantastic! She meet us at the bus stop, even emailed us previous to leaving to make sure we knew how to get their and if not gave us a long list of times for the bus from Marrakech. The Riad is easy to get too and Sandra had a personalised map of her favourite places to visit, which became our favourite too. Our breakfast was ready every morning when we got up, and changed daily. Our room was beautiful, though the bathroom does not have a closing door but a curtain, there is a spare toilet downstairs if this concerns you. Sandra made our stay a time to remember and made the Riad our home while we stayed. An absolute pleasure to spend our last few days with and a definite place to visit during your time in Essaouria.

We had a beautiful time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReneeVerkerk1
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Riad Remmy is a beautifully eclectic and tranquil haven situated within the walls of the Medina. The riad is absolutely stunning - mixing a traditional Moroccan style with a bohemian Essaouira vibe. From the moment you walk inside the riad you cannot fail to be impressed. It is stylish yet comfortable, welcoming and absolutely spotless.

I chose Riad Remmy (for my night in Essaouira) based on previous reviews posted here on Trip Advisor and booked directly via their website. I was impressed with the prompt response from Sandra and her advice regarding transfers from Marrakech.

On arrival in Essaouira I was met by Sandra who showed me to the riad and offered some great advice on places and restaurants to visit, all of which were spot on! Sandra also gave me a mobile phone to contact her with in case I got lost or needed her advice, which I thought was a really nice touch.

I loved my brief visit to Essaouira (especially after a hectic few days in Marrakech) which was made all the more special by my stay at Riad Remmy and the equally wonderful Sandra, who is a real asset to the riad and Essaouira.

I would (and already have) recommend Riad Remmy to my family, friends and customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We (2 ladies) have just returned from too short a stay at Riad Remmy. Coming from our accommodation in Marrakech, Riad Remmy could not have been more perfect. Sandra met us at the bus and pointed out landmark signs on along the way to help us find our way when by ourselves. We were given lots of helpful hints and recommendations and we combined these with some we discovered ourselves, making our stayed in Essaouria really fantastic.

We initially booked one night, but stayed an extra and stretched it out by catching an afternoon bus. Riad Remmy is spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. Having the opportunity to make yourself a cup of tea when you feel like one is a small thing but one I really appreciate, especially since I am an early riser. There is not a thing we would change with the accommodation and highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at riad Remmy for 2 nights
Sandra the riad's owner is a delightful person who cannot do enough to make your stay a most pleasant one
She helped us arrange our transfer from Marrakech to essaouira and the from essaouira to Casablanca and was there to greet us and bid us farewell even at 530 am
Our room was beautiful as well as the riad
Her dining recommendation were spot on
If I have a complaint it's the riad's location it is in a winding narrow alley that made me feel a little unsafe as I was traveling with my daughter and we made sure we were back in our room before 10 pm but once again it's a beautiful place and worth the stay

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank juera99
Cirencester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I knew this was going to be good as it came highly recommended by friends but you have to meet Sandra and see the Riad to know just how good it is, and such good value. Sandra is a real treasure of a host - she met me off the bus, was a mine of info on good places to go, to eat and for music in the evenings.
The Riad itself is a delight - step inside to be amazed at its chic and eclectic charm. Very comfortable too - I slept like a baby - the shower was hot - the breakfast perfect..... and the place is immaculately clean.

Stay, enjoy, relax! FAB-U-LOUS!

Room Tip: I stayed just below the terrace which is great for going out first thing or last thing at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Riad Remmy several times now and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxed place to stay in Essaouira. Nothing is too much trouble for Sandra the manager who is also happy to give you too tips on all the best places to eat, drink and see in the town. A special thumbs up for the tasty breakfasts and super comfortable beds.

• Stayed March 2013