“Restful Riad Remmy”
Review of Riad Remmy

Riad Remmy
Ranked #24 of 180 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a great stay in January at Riad Remmy. Very warm welcome from Sandra, who also gave great recommendations on things to do & provided us with lovely breakfasts - fresh coffee & pain au chocolat. The Riad has a lovely fireplace downstairs. Would love to go back!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flypernod

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent a week at Riad Remmy this past Christmas. We had the whole second floor which was absolutely perfect for our family of 4, parents and 2 kids in their 20's. We had two bedrooms, one with 2 twin beds, and one double, a nice small living room and kitchen so we felt totally at home for the holidays. The rooftop is perfect for that second cup of tea in the AM, so sunny and warm. Sandra is of course so lovely, and the house is spotless and convenient. We loved meeting others who were staying there. We loved that it was in such a local neighborhood and next to so many small artisan workshops.

The beach in Essaouira is gorgeous and we loved the long walk down to Beach & Friends to see the camels and the kite sailers. There is plenty to do and see here and we never left the medina or beach! Great restaurants around town, we loved Tiskala and Elizir. I have nothing but nice things to say about Essaouira and Riad Remmy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A brilliant Riad in the Medina at Essaouira. Sandra is a great host who organised our taxi from Agadir, met us at the taxi drop off and once settled into the Riad gave us a tour around. Her local knowledge meant she had recommendations for sites to see, places to eat, shopping tips and anything else we wanted to know.

Breakfasts on the roof terrace were delicious and the sunshine was a welcome escape from the London cold. The rooms are lovely and there are great living spaces to relax in. There is no wifi at the Riad (yet) but we didn't need it as most cafe's/bar's have free wifi and it made a welcome change to be away from technology for a little bit.

I am looking forward to returning to Riad Remmy. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay, Sandra & Riad Remmy made our holiday absolutely brilliant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I called Sandra in emergency mode; at the end of a 4-day horse trek (i.e. no bathroom) the very expensive hotel room I had booked as a last-day treat experienced plumbing failure. Sandra took me in at short notice for my last night in Essaouira. What a strike of luck for me! After meeting in the main shopping street, she led me down winding medina lanes to the end of an alleyway - and into her beautiful riad retreat. Following a high-pressure hot shower to scrub off the dust, I met a couple of other travellers in the living room, playing checkers by the fire. The quiet comfort of my room ensured a sound sleep, so an early waking was put to good use by saluting the sun on the roof terrace. My room was due to receive Sandra's next guest that day, but it was no problem for me to store my case there until I was due to leave. I will be booking well in advance to stay with Sandra the next time. There is no better base in the medina, and a more relaxed, friendly, gracious - and, let's face it, utterly cool - host is hard to imagine. Thank you, Sandra!

Room Tip: I was in a single room; windows onto the courtyard, no external windows (common in the medina). Ext...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great little place. Nice rooms, wonderful linens, delicious breakfast, shelves full of books for everyone (children included!) to read. And Sandra's warm hospitality is second to none. You can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Highly recommend a stay at this delightful riad in the centre of Essaouira. Super cool building, spacious and tastefully decorated rooms and great bfast. Has a roof terrace perfect for an afternoon mint tea (or beer) in the sun plus lots of indoor chill out areas to curl up with a book in. Perfect all round.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Sandra, the manager, was helpful from beginning to end. She provided excellent information on transportation to Essaouira, where to eat, etc. She met us at the bus station and walked us through the town to lunch.

The dar itself is very warm and cozy. Our room was decorated very well. It was quiet at night.

My girlfriend loved the tea glasses in the room. We had trouble finding styles of tea glasses we liked. Sandra let us purchase them from the dar.

Enjoyed our stay thoroughly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple