“Excellent!”

Patisserie Chez Driss
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Essaouira
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Creee en 1928 par le Maalem Driss, Chez Driss est l'une des plus anciennes patisseries de la ville. Un tres large choix de patisseries et de viennoiseries en tout genre, ainsi que des boissons pour les accompagner sont proposees aux visiteurs curieux qui osent pousses la porte de ce petit etablissement cossu. Des tables accueillent les voyageurs pour un moment de detente et de plaisirs gustatifs, dans un patio ombrage et decore avec des centaines de photographies d'epoque, contant l'histoire de cette petite echoppe. Un lieu empreint a la culture d'Essaouira.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fantastic! Fresh, French- style pastries (I had the galette with almonds, my boyfriend had a chocolate eclair), delicious coffee, and very cheap. A great option for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack.

There are newer reviews for Patisserie Chez Driss

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ehy there, I can confirm that pastries are good.. and it's totally worth the price they cost.
Sure, if you are from the south of Italy you will find one hundred things they could improve.. but it's not south of italy, it's morocco and at chez driss finally pastries are very fresh and good... ok, maybe too many nuts.. :P
Highly recomendded!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As many of the previous reviews have mentioned, this is "THE" place for great pastries and cakes in Essaouira! My wife & I visited this place here twice in June 2013 and sampled several danishes, pain au chocolates and cakes, all delicious!! The coffee was pretty good too, not the best I've had but at least 7/10 and far better most of the coffee we had in Morocco (and so much better than any British made coffee! :P). Location wise, it is located right on one of the main squares only a short stroll to the waterfront and has an ATM (cash machine) only a few meters away which is very handy. You have the option of having your coffee and sweet delights in the lovely courtyard area or getting a takeaway and enjoying it as you stroll through the cute lanes of Essaouira. A good sign of any cafe/pastry shop, is the constant stream of locals as well as tourists frequenting a place and Chez Driss was packed every time we walked past! It's great excellent value for money and the service was quick and came with a smile :)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

ok...So I was told by my friend that this WAS the place to go for fresh, homemade pastries and so we went. Come to find out, this is probably one of the best places I have ever been to on the 5 continents I have visted, with the best pastries! Really! It is an old bakery with a long history of visitors and amazing food and coffee! The prices are super cheap too! Hope you enjoy, if you make it!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

April 2013 My husband and I just returned from my first trip to his home country of Morocco. We had an amazing time in Essaouira! I must have mentioned 10 times since our visit to Driss how wonderful the pastry was. I had this chocolate frosted cake ball thing with peanuts in it. It may have been the best dessert I have ever had in my life - and I have quite the sweet tooth.

I never know if these reviews are true people or not but I am and you have to make sure you visit this place. We got coffee at a cute coffee place and the owner said sure go get pastry from Driss and bring it back and enjoy it in his coffee shop - so we did. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!!!!!