“Quad biking in the dunes of Essaouira”
Review of Palma Quad

Palma Quad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Poole, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Quad biking in the dunes of Essaouira”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Chose Palma Quad as it was well rated on here; it turned out to be a brilliant choice for our family of 6 to experience riding quads though the dunes and across the beaches south of Essaouira. The trip was well organised from the beginning, with a reassuring focus on safety. First, we were dressed in helmets, gloves, jackets and scarves (to protect from the dust) all of which were either freshly laundered or new. We had two guides who took us carefully through gaining initial control, briefly but thoroughly and then quickly onto the road out of town. It all began to seem a bit tame until we headed across the sand into the real adventure. Once the guides had given us a bit more training on the beach - in a fun and light hearted way - they adjusted the speed restriction on the quads and we headed off south. With a guide at the front and one at the back I felt happy that we were safely taken out over the beach and into the dunes, passing camels, donkey carts and beach shanties. The guides were fantastic at judging our competence and confidence, stopping to give advice and support, particularly to my youngest son who was the least confident initially. We tackled some hairy slopes, again all managed very safely and the whole trip was captured from many angles on the guides cameras. We were provided with water and chocolate half way through which also gave us a fabulous opportunity to stop and take in the scenery. The journey home was a speedy race across the flat sand, when my children were allowed to go as fast as they dared, which was a great adrenaline rush. We were offered a CD of the photos at the end, at no extra cost, with as many copies as we required, which kind of summed up the professionalism and eye for detail you get from this company. The owner was also able to arrange a camel ride for us the next day, which took us north of Essaouira, so that we could see a different part of the city and beach. I would highly recommend this company.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Afternoon Out”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great afternoon with Palma Quad. The operation is very professional and friendly. Once kitted out with jackets, helmets and gloves we had a safety briefing and trial ride before departing for our tour. We covered alot of sites, played in the sand dunes, went up to the lighthouse, raced along the beach and even stopped for a couple of water/chocolate breaks. All throughout the ride our guide took photos of us and we were given these on a CD at the end of the day.

It was a brilliant afternoon and I would highly recommend it. I saw smiles from everyone returning from tours, it's a great 3 hours outl

Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experiance and great service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Rashid and his team made our Quad biking expereiance unforgettable.Really good service from the guys,Rashid in fact picked us up from the hotel we were staying.

The route was absolutely breathtaking and our guide was very good too. If you want experiance some excellent day out Quad biking these are the guys you should choose. I am not sure of the tariff that others offer but irrespective of that.....these are the best.

London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One of the most fun things I've done - ever!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Decided to take the family quad biking, ostensibly for the enjoyment of my 11 year old son. However, my mum (73!), husband and I enjoyed it at least as much as he did.

The scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. The route along the beach and over the sand dunes was exhilarating and exciting. The guides were incredibly professional, but made sure we had lots of fun. The bikes were clean, seemed well maintained and performed well.

We quickly progressed from our safety briefing drive to the road, then off road, with the difficulty of the driving gradually increasing alongside our confidence. My two highlights would be cruising across pristine sand dunes, dropping over steep edges, and blasting for home at the end right by the shore. My son looked like super mario, doing a few cheeky swerves as we reached speeds of around 60kph.

A brilliant way of combining sightseeing with adventure! I would highly recommend Palmaquad.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unmissable if your are in Essaouira and like engines!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was in Essaouira with my family (wife and two teenage sons) and a group of friends for a couple of days at the end of October 2012. The riad we were staying at asked if we were interested in trying our hand at quadbiking in the dunes. This is how we got in touch with Palma Quad. They came to pick us up and drove to where the bykes were. After the usual formalities they made sure with a test drive that we knew what were doing and then, after having geared us properly, we went off. We spent the following two hours up and down the dunes with a final full blast thrilling race on the empty beach. Amazing experience I (and my two sons) would love to repeat! The Palma Quad guys were incredible: on top of the technical bit they took pleanty of great pictures and also provided us with a half-way snack and water! I was very impressed by both the experience and their professionality! Fabio G.

Visited October 2012