“Excellent service, food disappointing”
Review of El Minzah

El Minzah
Ranked #141 of 285 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We used this restaurant because we had not at that point plucked up enough courage to use one of the outdoor fish restaurants! We ordered fish which came with a caper sauce. The recipe was interesting but we found the fish itself over-cooked. The service was excellent. We may have had bad luck as the place was full of Moroccan businessmen who were obviously regulars. Average price.

1  Thank Alanais31420

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I liked it as I was tired of eating tajines. I ended up ordering the pasta with chicken and mushrooms and it was worth it. They had a live singer playing, who even took requests. The ambiance was nice and the gentleman who waited on us was incredible even though we required him to refill the bread-basket time and again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was near our hotel. It was convenient. I asked for a starter and a main - both were off, no apology. But what I eventually ordered was okay. What my husband ordered - which was on - was also okay. Pleasant enough room to sit in. It was okay. What more can we say ...?

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to the restaurant, as per travel guide's advise and got very dissapointed!
After a week of eating "rough" we wanted to treat ourselves to a "bonne table" and were served a food of questionable freshness at very high prices (please bear in mind we are reffering to a restaurant in Maroc!). Had big stamch problems the day after...

3  Thank Malwmax M
Reviewed November 30, 2012

El Minza was just outside of our Riad. We had dinner here 2 nights in a row. The menu is wonderful and the portions are very big. On both nights I wasn't able to finish the food on my plate.
The 2 gentleman who waited on us were incredibly attentive and very helpful. Definitely a must if you're staying in Essaouira