“Disappointed”

Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs
Ranked #2 of 274 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: You're welcome ! A couscous, a tajine, a pastilla or briouates ? Or maybe you are looking for vegeterian dishes ? It's here ! Would you like to spend a evening in a intimate setting whose walls are adorned with beautifull pictures from Essaouira and Cuba ? Lawrence Quammu will gladly share a moment with you to share his passion : Photography Menu at 80 and 120 dhs Closed on tuesday, open from 19.00. Wifi
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What can I say about D'Orient et d'Ailleurs, number 1? In my opinion, NO WAY. It’s a nice place, good food and service, but nothing special. There was nothing in the menu that I thought I would love to have so ended having the fish tagine, one of the specials of the day. It was a bit boring and bland, I have to say. The place lacked ‘je ne sais quoi’, a bit too serious. From all the places we ate in Essaouira, I’m afraid I would put this restaurant at the bottom of our list. Don’t get me wrong, it was not that bad, it was just the other places we went to were much better.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here after being recommended by his wife at her restaurant round the corner, and weren't disappointed. Again, top quality cooking - really excellent seafood pastilla and veg pastries to start, followed by prawns, veg tagine, seafood gratin and seafood pasta, all of which were great.
Would definitely recommend during a stay in Essaouira.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We ate here last night and were not disappointed, lovely ambience andlots of good food, my girlfriend couldnt fit a desert in.great service I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Can fully recommend this restaurant, we had the avocado salad and goats cheese salad for starter, the lamb tagine and veal for mains! It was also so nice to enjoy a bottle of the Meknes Cab Sav while we dined. Atmosphere and service was wonderful!

1  Thank NakiLiz
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I went here on Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not dissapointed. We dine at lots of nicerestaurants and this was some of the best food and wine we have had. The atmosphere was lovely and the two bottles of wine we had were of a very high standard (especially the Cabernet Sauvignon red). If you are in Essaouira you must try it.