“It most fine quality food ever in Essaouira!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Ramsess

Restaurant Ramsess
Ranked #33 of 252 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“It most fine quality food ever in Essaouira!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I looking for good restaurant for dinner in evening and when I walk past by and I saw the info on board outside restaurant and have look inside of restaurant and it sound look good. The staff is very helpful telling me about foods. So I went in for dinner and it have free live music. I had three course meal it most fine quality food ever I had before in Essaouira. It was great night time. I felt no problem in next day in morning and I went back again for other dinner!!

Do not miss this restaurant when you go in Essaouira! Also please don't turn up for eat in last mins because restaurant can very busy and some of table might have booked and you might not able get table on time. So you need book a table in ahead for evening!

• Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Do not miss Ramsess for Wonderful delicious fresh food, Friendly family, and Fabulous live music and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Do not leave Essaouira without visiting this little gem of a Resturant "Ramsess" ; A really friendly,family-run Resturant with fabulous,fresh,home cooked food,and interesting menu. (Lamb tagine a must to try) If you have room after one of Zineb and her Mums very tasty, flavoursome main courses,sample one of the delicious fragrant crepes. (My favourate was orange blosson, - really yum!)
The highlight of our evenings, (we visited a few times during our stay) was the music and great energy of three very talented, young musicians RACHID - YOUSSEF -YASSINE who entertained us every night playing traditional Gnaoua music; An experience not to be missed!
Thank you Rachid (what a fabulous voice) Youssef and Yassine - we will definitely be returning to hear your beautiful music, and be uplifted by your endless energy ;Your tunes are still buzzing in our ears!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“we loved it and it was the best night we spent in morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

we bought something in the street, asked for a local, not touristic, moroccan restaurant and where showed the "ramsess".
you will find it in the midle of the medina and zineb is a wonderful host! she and the band, who are her friends and played that night, made it an unforgetable night in essaouira! we can definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes traditional food and something very special! we danced, talked and had a very enjoyable night out! we want to come back!!

• Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing- should be #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We loved it here from the moment we walked in. We were greeted so warmly and immediately felt at home in the restaurant. We both had the Moroccan Salad to start and then I had the fish of the day and my boyfriend had the chicken. Both were served with nice which the host told us is her mothers recipe - best rice I have ever had! The portions were very generous. While eating we were treated to music by the family band who played beautifully and chatted to us about their music etc. another couple were there who had been customers of the restaurant for 12 years. Overall I say make a point to come to this wonderful place for a night to remember on Essaouira.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jennifer W
Brisbane, Australia
“Good home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We're actually heading to il Mare when we're held up by this lovely young lady who told us about her mum's home cooking. She invited us to have a look at the place.It was beautiful place with great ambiance. We told the young lady that we have a look at the other place and decide. The other place was more upmarket with a professional Gnaou band.It was quite full so we decided to give the smaller place a go. The food and service was fantastic and the music was even better. We're the last to leave the place We had a wonderful time.

Visited June 2013