“Professional, responsible, well organised...and wonderful horses” 5 of 5 stars

$29*
and up
Horse Ride on the Beach in Essaouira
More attraction details
Owner description: Zouina Cheval is a professional stable organizing authentic horse treks with nights in camp as well as horse and camel riding on the beach. Our trips allow participants to gain insight into the Moroccan way of life through contact with Moroccans and experience the unspoilt beauty and nature of the country. Rides from 1h to all day long on the beach. Treks from 2 to 6 days on demand. Also, do not hesitate to try an outstanding experience with our diners and nights under the Moroccan tent... Our guides speak English and French. We will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the stables.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional, responsible, well organised...and wonderful horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

They say that an organisation is only as good as its leader, and you can feel that the standards and values of Najib, who owns and runs Zouina, permeate the whole operation. Najib loves his horses and treats them with respect and consideration. They are beautiful and well behaved as a result. My 10 year old daughter (who rides but is a nervous child) went on a 2 day overnight trek. She rode "Chocolat" - a stunning black arab stalion. Najib, sensing her nerves, patiently kept her on a (long) lead reign for the entire 2 day trip. The trip itself was stunning - the best possible way of seeing the countryside and local villages. The beach riding was the stuff dreams are made of. We were 2 girls traveling alone, and we always felt safe abd very well looked after by the whole team who were kind and respectful. The food was good too. Simple but delicious. The healthiest and maybe the best of our trip! Thank you to Sophie in Paris + Najib, his team and the beautiful horses who we think of often. Katie + Amelie

Visited September 2012
1 Thank K P

• Czech first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely and relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a lovely day we had camel trekking in Essaouira. My friend and I travelled from marrakech in order to do this and it was without a doubt worth it. Our personal guide, Youseff, was excellent. He was very helpful throughout the trip, making sure we were comfortable and telling us interesting things about the town. A very nice lunch was provided and we stopped for this half way along in a shaded area. The camels seemed to be well looked after and the guides were very friendly. Would definitely recommend Zouina Cheval!

1 Thank Helenbarnie
Wolverhampton
“Beautiful Beautiful Horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Essaouira and of course we just had to book our beach rides for hours of fantastic scenery on much loved and well looked after Arab stallions. The stables at Zouina Cheval are a professional set up and Najib looked after us both very well ensuring we felt safe and had a great experience on both our rides in the forest and on the beach. Great value for money too!
I rode gorgeous Chocolat and my hubby rode Hidalgo (he’s pining for his horse right now while editing videos of us galloping along the beach!), if you like riding at speed then this is for you but remember you need to forget English riding techniques and do it Moroccan style, lean back and watch out for those hand signals because I swear those horses can read sign language!!! They are the best makes you want to go back just for the weekend.
In reply to an earlier review about safety we always ride in our hard hats however romantic it looks riding with the wind in your hair, saftey is always first, but our horses were on the beach with quads, kites, camels, other horses, barking dogs and in the forest with wild camels and they never flinched.
Whilst we were our teenagers went for the quad bikes and had a fantastic time meeting us later on the beach.
Love to everyone at the stables.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank JGirl23
Falmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“100% safe for beginning but totally incredible for experianced horse owners too!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Im not sure where to even start! This was without a doubt the best thing that me and my friends did during our time in Morocco and i'm still grinning from ear to ear when I think about the ride.

Abdul our guide was so friendly, chatty and proffessional. He took some incredible photos of us on the beach, including during a full speed gallop!

I have two horses myself and so am quite experianced but my two friends, although very capable- had no horse riding experiance. I therefore thought I was going to be in for a very slow and average ride. This was completely not the case, my two friends horses were kept calm and walked along the beach with the other guide, whilst Abdul and I hung back on the horses. He gave very clear instruction to stop 200meters behind the horses so as not to spook them- so it was all very safe and above board. I was very impressed that during a 2 hour ride they were able to cater for all riding abilities.

I wont even begin on the value for money. There is no way that back in the UK I could find any stables which offers the same value in terms of the quality of the horse, ethusiasm of the guide and the beauty of the trek.

I am truely in love with my horse, the grey called Kissme. All the horses that we rode were beautifully spirited with character yet never put a foor wrong during the entire trek and even my friends with no experiance felt 100% safe at all times. It is obvious that they have been VERY well trained and are cared for very well.

Without a doubt, I will be returning later this year, this time with my Mum, to go on the week long trek. Exciting!

I want to say a massive thank you once again to Abdul and the other guide (Im so sorry, I didnt catch your name!).

Cant wait to come back soon!

Sophie, (Helen and April)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank I_Lovessss_the_Ski
West Sussex, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“a lovely morning out but book early....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I only booked our 2 hours ride afew days before arriving in Essaouira and with hindsight this wasn't the best move: I got the impression from their website and reviews that they had lots of horses and therefore any level would be appropriate : both myself and my boyfriend have ridden before but not for many many years and as such classed ourselves as beginners.
I was told this would be fine and we would have docile horses but this wasn't really the case : when we arrived it transpired that most of the horses were out on a 3 day trek and there were only a couple to choose from. My horse was quite spirited and was not very happy with having to go at a slow pace... this was made worse when we were taken along a section of the beach which also had quad bikes on : it was unclear if this was standard (surely not a good idea to mix quads & horses?!) or if we had gone further than usual but the net result was that my horse freaked out, reared and bucked until I came off..........it was only through pure luck from the way I fell that the worst I got was a sore bum and a mouthful of sand. Our guide was very apologetic and calmed the horse down fine so that I could get back on, but he did start to rear again about half an hour later when we were walking back through the forest - after this point the guide did lead my horse to make him behave.
The ride route itself was lovely - through varied terrain and across the wonderful beach, and there was plenty of opportunity for photos which our guide took for us. I felt that the horses were well looked after and clearly Zouina Cheval is a professional set up, it's just a shame that they didn't really have horses which were suitable for our ability : if we'd have had more docile steeds then it would have been a top class morning.

Visited March 2012