Atlas Essaouira & Spa
$176
$168
$151
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Riad Chbanate(Essaouira)
$138
Riad Baladin(Essaouira)
$83
  • Breakfast included
Palais des Remparts(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
$58
$204
Orbitz.com
Riad Watier(Essaouira)
1,194 results
All reviewsstar hotelpiano barnice hotelprivate beachocean frontbeach restaurantsea viewopposite the beachminute walk to the medinabig hotelmoroccan hotelsan upgradereception areahotel is situatedroom was largelaid backwind
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spent a very pleasant 5 nights at the Atlas in Essaouira -- three nights in a riad room before getting upgraded to a seafront view. Both rooms were spacious, with comfortable beds and large, well stocked bathrooms. Outstanding housekeeping (rooms were always cleaned by the time I would return from lunch), great beachfront location (only a 15 or 20 minute walk along the beach to the medina), good free wifi and flat screen t.v.'s, and very friendly and accommodating front desk staff. They offered me the upgrade without my asking, arranged transportation to Rabat when I left, and providing immediate laundry service and a technician to fix the wifi the one time it froze.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just spent a girls week end and stayed at the ATLAS ESSAOUIRA & SPA
We have stayed there my mother and i twice, abd there was a reason for coming back
although we were 12, our check in was flawless. the service was impeccable from each staff member we entourred. we enjoyed being in the best and the more authentic city in Morocco. Our favorite amenty of this fine hotel has to be the FULL breakfast each morning.
The staff was wonderful, everyone was helpful making it a wonderful week end with friends, we definitely return

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gihane S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks whilst working in Essaouira a few months back. Initially I quite liked the hotel and it did the job as far as a place to stay on a business trip is concerned. I prefer to stay in places with more character and charm if I'm on holiday myself. The place itself is soulless.

Little did I know when complaining to my colleagues about not getting extra hangers after asking about ten times for them what was to happen...

On one of the nights my room was broken into and I was sexually assaulted while I lay in bed asleep and unaware until I woke and the person in question ran out of my room.
We later discovered this to be a member of staff and it also happened to another colleague simultaneously.
The hotel manager was in total denial that something like this would happen and was very reluctant to do anything about it. Only when the heads of our company got involved and subsequently the police that actions were taken although I believe that nothing much was actually done and when we left Essaouira I suspect the member of staff in question probably returned to work, seems unbelievable but the hotel couldn't have treated the matter with less seriousness and concern so it leaves me with little else to believe!

To be honest I'd rather sleep on the beach than stay here again! The doors dont even lock properly and can always be accessed from the outside even when you think its locked its not! Trust me we checked!
Women especially please do not stay here, there are plenty more places to stay in Essaouira!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Harper2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Whilst staying at the Atlas Essaouira & Spa Hotel two young women had their rooms broken into by male hotel staff.The men cut their own key cards and gained access to the womens' rooms then sexually abused them while they were sleeping! The hotel initially tried to dodge responsibility but through persistant pressure by senior members of our work team, the police were finally involved (not that any serious charges were brought against these men). The rooms at this hotel do not have a safety locks and I spent the rest of my time there blocking the door with furniture as I did not feel safe!

NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MellyBelly872
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you go to Morocco and are staying in Essaouira this is definitely the place to stay.

Perfect location 10-15 minute walk from main town and on the sea front.
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of variety.

The pool is nice between 12-3pm gets a little too much wind earlier and later.

The one complaint I have about the hotel is the transfer that was arranged. We had asked the hotel to organise a taxi to pick us up from the airport which we subsequently cancelled via email as we had found a local taxi firm who were willing to do it at a fraction of the price. After receiving an email from the hotel confirming the cancellation we thought that was that. Upon arrival at the airport we was surprised to see two different taxi companies at the airport expecting to take us to the hotel. The hotel had not told there taxi company of the cancellation and this turned into a heated debate between the two taxi drivers. This debate continued out into the car park and turned into a fight which other taxi drivers joined in. We had to plead with out our driver to get us out of there quick and just as we were driving off we could see the police breaking up the brawl. Not a pleasant way to start our Moroccan experience and totally the hotels fault.

The surrounding area is definitely worth exploring, delicious foods available at astonishing prices, such good value for money especially in comparison to the hotels over inflated prices.

A couple of streets behind the hotel is a café called La Maison Gourmande (place 11 janvier) the cakes and pastries are some of the best we have ever tasted, really worth a visit.

There is also an off licence located on the 2nd or 3rd right as you head towards the main town from the hotel it's pretty much across from the supermarket (staff in there are friendly).

Definitely try one of the fish stalls by the harbour the seafood is amazing, the trick is to have a look at all the stalls stock first, this is hard as they stand in front of you and pull out chairs, just say that you aren't hungry at the moment but that you are looking for later. The stalls are numbered so just remember which one you preferred then head straight back to it.
The one other place we would recommend is an evening meal at Chez Sam at the end of the harbour from the outside it doesn't look great but inside is much better the views are lovely and the food excellent.

You won't be disappointed with Essaouira it's beautiful without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012