Riad Dar Emotion
Riad Eowa(Essaouira)
Riad Tamayourt(Essaouira)
Villa Flora(Essaouira)
View Hotel
All reviewsroof terracethe ownermoroccan styleemotionsphilippeartworkmarrakechfrenchdiscreetessouira
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2011

my boyfriend and i stayed here in June and had the best time. We looked at around 10 riads before stumbing upon this beautiful place. The rooms are all immaculately decorated with hand painted furniture and the morning sun shining through the coloured glass in the rooftop room was stunning to wake up to each day. We feel as though the owners have become friends of ours as they were so welcoming and friendly - my boyfriend proposed to me on our last night here and they helped him make it a special a night by arranging flowers and dinner. The staff that work there are also just lovely. Plus the breakfast on the roof is delicious. I really can't recomend it enough. It's so much better than any of the other places we saw and stayed in during our two week trip.

Room Tip: the room on the roof top meant we felt as though we had the whole roof to ourselves but all the rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

There were a total of 7 of us on our holiday. After spending a few days in Marrakech, we took a bus to Essaouira. We had a lovely welcome by Ismahane at the station, greeted with a glass of mint tea and cakes on arrival at the Riad.
Hana and Herve are a sweet couple who own this Riad. They told us all we nneded to know about the coastal town. They even booked our Quadbiking trip for us.
The Riad is immaculate, romantic, inviting. We had it all to ourselves during our stay.
Everything is within walking distance.
I would recommend this Riad and this town to everyone looking for a relaxing time.
... take up the offer of them cooking dinner for you... it was exquisite.
The only negative is be careful of your spending and what you get charged for.... financially treat the Riad as you would a hotel so expect to be charged for a nice cup of coffee/tea and dinner. I suppose for me, I was so pleased by the excellent service it was like being treated like royalty in your own private home/space. It is so relaxing and welcoming that you treat it as such and forget about the extra hidden charges... including the daily taxes on top of the hotel stay.....
Also at time of booking over the interent I did ask for extra beds, as per the option to, only to find that I was charged extra for 2 beds which knocked me sideways, I was never informed that it would be an extra charge, and no surplus costs were ever discussed or provided until I got the invoice at the end of my stay.
Having said that, I would go back again and again to this Riad !!!
Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We rented the whole Riad as there were two families on this trip. It is in the Medina, and also a very short walk to the beach. Everything you could possibly want is within a short walk. The rooms are imaginatively decorated and stylish. The only reason I haven't given it 5* is because our shower was a bit substandard and the bed extremely hard. Otherwise, it was perfect. The terrace is lovely, we had breakfast served up there. Freshly baked flat breads, yummy croissants alongside the normal breakfast fare. We ate in the Riad one night, the meal was superb. The owners and staff were so helpful and arranged camel rides (4hr one DEFINITELY recommended), quad biking as well as taking us to a local Hammam, stopping to buy the necessary equipment on the way. They arranged 'chariots' to take our luggage to the minibus, which they also organised, to get us back to marrakech airport. (1000d for 7 of us). We will definitely be making a return trip sometime.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The location of the riad is superb. A short, pleasant walk will be enough to reach the medina, the most famous fish restaurant in town and the beach.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Being a family-run business, you feel looked after almost like a friend. They recommended renting a bike, which was a great idea.
We had dinner in the riad: it was excellent - the best meal we had in Morocco.
The terrace provides excellent space for a relaxing breakfast and tanning. Breakfast was really good - with warm bread, pankaces that had just been made for you and freshly-squeezed juice.
The bed in our room was very comfortable - and covered by lots of pillows for added atmosphere. The room can get a bit cold in the evening, but a heater is provided. We found the bathroom in our room could do with some improvements. However, the petal roses on the towels make up for it!
We loved Essaouira, and the riad complemented a great trip. It is a pretty romantic place, and perfect for couples.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The staff were wonderfully helpful, the breakfast was something that made you want to get out of bed each morning... If i had to return to Essaouira this is the place i would stay at again. Truly a relaxing place.

Thanks for all the help.
Paul & Ninia from Malta.