“Friendly and relaxed Riad in the of the heart of old town”

Riad Chakir Mogador
Ranked #39 of 178 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was a lovely, tastefully decorated, clean and relaxed riad, offering several roof terraces for sun bathing and cool relaxed lounges. Rooms were cleaned daily, and were comfortable and cool.

Breakfast included pastries, and warm freshly baked bread.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, providing maps and directions, and recommending a high quality Hammam and massage and even phoning ahead to book for us.

The Riad is centrally located within the Medina, for a 5-10 minutes walk to the port area &
beach and handy for restaurants, and souks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this riad as part of a 10 day stay in morrocco!! What a super super place, it's 1 of 3 riads we stayed in during our stay and its by far the best.
The staff are lovely, very helpful, great resturant suggestions and yet even helped buying tea!! Can not rave about this place enough! Super clean, we had a lovely blue room and we think it was perfect! Don't know what room the chap above was in, but we had all the extras as advertised on booking.com. We also booked there. We will go again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

For the impatient: the stay in this hotel was by far the most pleasant among the many places we visited during our two-weeks' trip to Morocco.
The riad is very conveniently located in the old town of Essaouira (a small town anyway). The room was nice, furnished with taste, and clean. (It was a bit small, this being the only minus in this review.) The inside of the riad is by itself beautiful, and a pleasant place to spend time and to meet other guests. The staff was lovely in every respect: excellent breakfast, timely interventions for fixes in the room. And their suggested restaurants were indeed worth trying. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DgoGu
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff is excellent - helpful, friendly and speak english very well. They gave us map on a first day.

Rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed daily. This is a cozy place, not too much noise but you can here that the city lives during the night and it timidely invites you to go outside and have fun ;)
The only "but" is the hot water - forget about it in the morning. The water is hot during the day and in the evening, but it also depends on the number of guests. Hot water is quite important in such a windy place as Essaouira.
They serve the best moroccan breakfast I ever had - two types of pancakes, french bread, croissant, honey, confiture, butter.

One "but" - it happened twice during my 3-day visit that they added water to the orange juice - big minus.

Generally - very good, also for a solo female traveller.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very central location in the Medina - just 30 seconds from the main Avenue Isfiqlal. This is a spacious central foyer that is always cool. Breafast is served in the central foyer. Breakfast is pretty standard style in a Moroccan Riad. A little more choice would be nice but, anything requested was speedily provided. Rooms a cleaned every day. For a couple of days there was a big group staying. There was some noise from them whilst they had an early breakfast. This is because most rooms lead off from the central foyer. Rooms are air conditioned. All staff are very helpful. I hope to return there someday soon.

Room Tip: Quite easy to find when you arrive but, there is another with VERY similar name. Make sure you go to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I liked walking through the medina looking for the place. Location is convenient and the place is just warm and cozy. Loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs might be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Riad Chakir Mogador in December last year. We booked online through Hostelworld and paid the deposit as required using my credit card. On arrival at the riad I paid the remaining balance in cash – I was not given a receipt and, very stupidly, I did not ask for one. When I received my credit card statement in January I found that the Riad Chakir had charged my credit card for the same amount I had paid on arrival in cash! I immediately contacted the riad to complain and was eventually told that the receptionist on duty when I checked in “couldn’t remember” me paying! This was the start of a 3 month battle to try and get my money back. Despite numerous phone calls and emails and the involvement of Hostelworld’s Customer Service department and my bank I still have not received any money back from the Riad Chakir. Obviously I will never be staying there again nor recommending it.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple