1,771 results
All reviews market place horse riding kids club kids pool free shuttle sel de mer buffet restaurant rabat airport beautiful resort star resort main pool private beach pool view local town mini bar morocco mall chocolate fountain
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Went to Mazagan for Half Term with 2 kids - ages 11 and 13 - for a quick sunshine Half Term getaway. It didn't disappoint. The hotel/resort is very well laid out with a large hotel property surrounding a very lovely pool. There are several restaurants and great sporting facilities such as dune buggies, horse riding, and a wonderful golf course. We went horse-riding and played golf - both of which were great fun.
The hotel rooms are very well appointed, we had a suite and an adjoining twin room, and the bathroom of the suite was very luxurious with two sinks, separate toilet, and a giant bath area with two showers in a 'wet-room' format, complete with side jets and hand-shower below the rainfall-style main shower head.
The most impressive thing about the resort was the quality of food and the exceptionally friendly and willing staff - they really could not do enough for us!
The downside was the concierge service which was pretty shambolic - when we booked horse-riding, we turned up the next day to find out the concierge had booked it for the previous day (prior to our booking) although the horse guys did then accommodate us very willingly.
We also tried the spa - several times - and they were excellent. Hammams and massages were awesome. Some of the best I've had.
We had a golf package, meaning golf was included - although given it is NOT a walking course, they don't include the cost of the buggy in the package which to me is rather like going to a 'free' buffet and finding out you get charged for plates and cutlery. If it's a buggy only course, the buggy should be included, However, the golf was magnificent and a Gary Player-designed course which was beautiful as well as amazing fun to play. Ladies tees were very kind - but not too kind!
We didn't try the Casino, as I am a terrible one for losing money! The bar near it was good though, great cocktails and they have 'Happy Time' (Happy Hour, but I prefer the way they describe it) early on, 2 for one.
My only reservation was that they could probably use the restaurants being open more of the time - it was mainly Market Place buffet most evenings, unless you are a fish eater (the boys are not), or like fairly complicated food (my boys do not). Perhaps they might use an Italian or something more casual but not buffet. I can get buffeted-out quite quickly!
All told, I would definitely go there again, and next time I'm going to try the Dune Buggies!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mabel_Gripper
Massimiliano Z, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Guest,

We cannot thank you enough for the rave review on TripAdvisor regarding your visit to Mazagan beach & Golf Resort.

It is always so much appreciated when our guests take the time to share a detailed review. So pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and our facilities.
Our number one goal is to make sure all of our guests have a unique and pleasant experience. It means a lot to us that you felt so warmly treated by all the staff. And it was my pleasure to forward your compliments to our employees.

We pride ourselves on offering a level of outstanding service that permeates throughout all areas of the hotel, and all facilities of the Resort and we are very grateful to your constructive remarks regarding the concierge, the golf and the dining venues.
We can assure you that we will continue to do our utmost and no effort will be spared to keep your trust in us.
Our sport & leisure team will be more than happy to welcome you for a Dune Buggies
experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family very soon on your next trip.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Vert Nice site with large areas and an amazing beach. The rooms with a sea view are soooo good. Free acces to the casino and night club. The kids club is doing Good job.
The food is variant.
Great job from the crew

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words posted on TripAdvsior.

We are pleased to hear that we you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort as soon as you have the opportunity.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

The resort is breathtaking, the virgin beaches, the nice weather, the luxurious touch and feel is everywhere, the landscape is wonderful. Nothing bad except the long walks from lobby to rooms.
Room tips is never ever tale a 1 series rooms 3-5 series are the best even rooms from 18-30 have the best partial ocean view.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest,

It is highly appreciated that you took time to document your guest experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your appreciation and we hope that you will think of us again when planning your next visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Hotel not made for business groups or event. Maybe good for gambling but the rest of customers are all considered cheaper and thus given less service. if you pay a discounted price you can expect also less service.

Food is amazing, the garden and the beach are beautiful but the rooms smell bad, no toilet amenities (even after asking, it takes 3 days to get a toothbrush). Checking took more than 45 min...

Tried to file a claim, instead of finding compassion, found a challenge on my personal customer experience from the supervisor. I've been trying to reach hotel director for quite some time, no reaction. Ended up having a phone appointment with Hotel Director (Mr Sergio Perreira), he never called of course.

Over all a big big NO if you want Quality hospitality... Never again for me atleast.

Room tip: My tip to choose a good room is to look for a different hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Massimiliano Z, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for your detailed remarks with regard to your recent stay at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort.
Please rest assured that our guests’ feedback is of highest importance to us and that we can be grateful for any attentive guest.

Our main goal is to exceed the guest’s expectation and we all are committed to ensure this.
I deeply regret that your stay was eventually not to your entire satisfaction.
Furthermore, I assure you that Mr Pereira our Resort Manager and Mrs Ouaziz our Rooms Director called you several times on the phone number you have communicated to our Guest Service Manager, but to no avail.

We would be very grateful if you send us the correct phone number on maria.benbouchaib@mazaganbeachresort.com to speak to you, because we were unable to reach you at the phone number we had, and to better know how we failed, and to have the chance to organize your next visit with us.

Hoping to hearing from you, I remain at your entire disposal.

Yours most sincerely,

Reviewed October 10, 2017

A most helpful staff will welcome you and help you through your stay. Without the intention of earning a tip, they would go the extra (s)mile !
I never had such an extensive breakfast, brunch or diner in the self service restaurant. The times I had diner in another restaurant in the resort (there are plenty), I experienced good food and all positive elements I mentioned above. Although pretty full booked, you never have the idea of being in a crowded hotel. Add to this the plenty of possibilities of relax (horse riding, golf, beach,....) and you know that this place has earned its leading position in the resort list.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Massimiliano Z, General Manager at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel on trip advisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to you for your delightful lines.
It is always wonderful to hear that we exceeded our guest’s expectation and how they enjoyed their experience with us.

We are very proud to have a very dedicated staff who understand that it is all about the guest experience and it was my pleasure to forward your compliments to our employees.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort as soon as you have the opportunity.

Wishing you all the best,