“Utter Perfection”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pointe de Flacq
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
“Utter Perfection”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

There is no point in going to Mauritius unless you call Susie Freeman Travel first, she is the Queen of Mauritius and sent us off with expert advice to the Constance Prince Maurice. Every thing was perfect about our stay here from the moment Susie's charming team collected us from the airport and provided us with a Mauritian mobile phone and SIM card, a beautiful Susie Freeman beach basket to our effortless transfer back to the air port and all the way to the departure gate! The Constance Prince Maurice is magical, we had a stunning room on the 1st floor looking through the gorgeous palm trees to the lap pool and on towards the beach. The food was absolutely delicious and the cocktails were amazing, I highly recommend the Passionfruit cocktail! We ate at all 3 of the restaurants, the floating bar and restaurant was incredibly beautiful and romantic, the Sushi bar was very cool and the main restaurant was also beautiful. We also enjoyed afternoon tea at the beach bar each day. There are a number of hobicats which we could take out whenever we wished and the sailing was great. The staff were constantly charming and we were told by the manager as we arrived that we only had to mention the name Susie Freeman and the impossible would become possible, we were treated like Royalty.

Room Tip: We loved our room however the beach front cottages looked lovely with their own little private bit o...
3 Thank Sarah A
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Madam,

I wish to thank you for having spared your time to write about your holiday experience on Trip Advisor.

Indeed Susie Freeman remains one of our best advocates and we can only thank her for having recommended our property an looked after the organisation of your holiday trip to Mauritius.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and as you described it beautifully, it was simply our duty to treat you as Royalty for having chosen to stay at 'Le Prince Maurice'.

We can only hope to have the honour of welcoming you back for another stay in the future in any of the 'Constance' properties in the Indian-Ocean

Christophe Plantier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Evian-les-Bains, France
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have just returned from Le Prince Maurice and i can only but rave about this incredible hotel: everything was simply perfect and well beyond expectations. The hotel decor and setting are beautiful in a quiet secluded area of this Island and well protected from the Alizés winds. Weather too was perfect with plenty of sun and pleasant temperatures. Hotel was quiet with low occupancy yet service level remained extremely high throughout. Very personalized service and great attention to details. Room decor was very elegant with a colonial feel and in impeccable condition. Food at l'Archipel was delicious esp. at dinner time, with an "army" of eager-to-please waiters, and an informative and extremely friendly head sommelier Jerome. Our meals were a feast for all senses, with unusual offerings such as Wagyu beef flown in from Australia, a wide selection of fine wines, and top quality viennoiseries at breakfast time. we were even offered a selection of Indian food off the menu which was a delight too. Ambiance in the hotel is peaceful, with the sound of water, the song of exotic birds, not at all stuffy despite its 6 star rating. We expérienced out-of-this-world massages at the Spa in the expert hands of Dajee. This one week in Paradise was a true blessing and we would like to thank all the people working in this world-Class property: they really made the difference and we look forward to return and enjoy their genuine care and generosity. Le Prince is very well managed and on numerous occasions, a very kind and professional staff member from the Reception, Réservations or Food and Beverages would inquire if we were satisfied. We were approached three times by the Résident Manager, very nich touch. One of the very best hotels we have stayed at, best service ever, way above Four seasons standards or other top world hotels. That says it all.

Room Tip: Junior suite by the new Heated pool with garden and sea view.
Dear Sir,

Many thanks to have spared your time to write a review and share your experience on this traveller's platform.

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and of course to see that you have been well looked-after by the team.

I wish to thank you for your very kind remarks about the hotel and specially toward the team who represent the soul of our property.

We shall be most delighted to welcome you back for an other such wonderful holiday amongst us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wow! This hotel is simply amazing on every level.
The facilities and design take your breath away on arrival. The arrival is a warm welcome from the guest relations team and the GM also took the time to introduce himself.
We stayed in Villa 38 which was beautiful. Our own pool and direct beach access - total paradise for 2 whole weeks.
The staff in every function of the hotel are simply first class - friendly, efficient, engaging. There are simply too many names to mention in full - each and every one deserves the accolade of superb customer service.
The food was outstanding at every restaurant. In fact even the room service was something to be experienced. I will not spoil the surprise but urge you to try it!
We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the team organised a candle lit dinner on the beach which was fantastic
The wine cellar is vast and the team are on hand to offer advice and even a tour of the cellar. Gerome is quite a maestro and the cellar his stage - seek him out and you will not be disappointed!
The floating bar is a great way to start or end the evening and we were lucky enough to see Johnny the resident shark on 2 occasions.
We played golf 12 times across the 2 courses and the fact this was included in the free facilities was quite fantastic. The courses were superb if challenging so my advice is take plenty of balls but failing that you can strike a deal with the many local people selling them back to you!
The Links course was in super condition and presented different challenges to The Legend which had it's own herd of deer to add to the beauty of the place. The staff at the courses were again superb - the service levels never dropped below excellent wherever you went.
I went on the Culinary Course which was great fun. Pravind was an excellent teacher and top chef and I would highly recommend paying for this experience. My chef's hat and apron (and certificate of achievement) have returned with me to England and I intend to impress with my knowledge of mauritiun food.
I could wax lyrical about this place for ages but the best thing I can say is Go and Visit. Don't be put off by other comments about prices - this place delivers absolute value for money when you take into account the location, service and free facilities. We used Zanc Travel Group who are outstanding on knowledge and the price and package they supplied for us was superb. You can contact them on 0870 870 4700 and this will be the start of your excellent experience.
Well done to the whole team at Prince Maurice. We look forward to our return trip.

Room Tip: The different locations ie beach, lagoon and the suites and villas offers great choice. We were to...
Dear Sir & Madam,

I would first of all like to thank you for having spared your time to write such a long review on 'Trip Advisor'.

I do apologize for the lateness in my response as I was away from Mauritius on a business trip.

I wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel as your holiday destination to celebrate your wedding anniversary and I am very happy indeed to see that these holidays have been memorable to you both.

Thank you for highlighting the different services that you enjoyed and the different tips that you gave to the potential traveler who is perhaps considering our hotel for some forthcoming vacations in Mauritius.

I have conveyed your remarks to my team who did go the 'extra mile' to make some your stay so special hoping that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' in the near future.

Once again, my best wishes to you for your wedding anniversary.

Kind personal regards,
Inverness
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our stay at Le Prince Maurice has caused us a problem. How will any other hotel ever live up to this most fabulous experience? The hotel complex was immaculate with truly five star accommodation. Service was not five star but at least seven star with staff bending over backwards to satisfy our every need......from pashminas in the evening to wafts of spray to keep the mosquitos at bay. Food was fabulous in terms of choice and quality. This is not a cheap option but was worth the hefty price tag (although the cost of drinks / wine/ spa treatments were probably a bit over the top........but you don't go to a hotel like this and expect happy hours! ). Golf at the Links never disappointed with superb service from Danesh and others on the golf team. Clubhouse needs work however! Within the hotel would recommend rooms to the right of the main reception block as they, in our view, have the best outlook. Rooms on stilts may be more luxurious but definitely not situated in the best location. We were shown a villa for two people.....wow! Would return in a minute!

• Stayed July 2013
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your very kind review received on 'Trip Advisor'.

I would like to apologize for the delay in my reply for being away from Mauritius on a business trip.

I can only thank you for speaking about your holidays in such flattery terms which I consider to be the best gift to a hotelier who believes in 'striving' to always exceed the guest's expectations. Indeed we have tried to work out every single detail which can only help our esteemed guest to enjoy a totally hassled-free and relaxed holiday whilst ensuring that nothing is missed out in his comfort. In simple words, we feel that the guest who has chosen to stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' deserves to be treated as 'royalty'...

I am very pleased to see that you managed to play some rounds of golf at the Links golf course as well.

Our suites on stilts are situated in the most tranquil area of the hotel whereby they are located within a natural fish reserve. This place is considered as the 'lover's nest' for being in such a quiet zone and honeymooners particularly request to be accommodated in this area. The choices of the rooms are indeed different amongst our guests and I do admit that the beachfront ones are also very popular, specially the villas that you visited, located few steps only, away from the Indian-ocean.

I can only hope to have the honour of welcoming you back for another memorable stay within our hotel in the near future.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a fantastic location for golfers to spend your vacations . unlimited green fees at two challenging courses, you don`t need to take your clubs with you since rented clubs are free Taylor Made 2012 models....and .excellent food in all restaurants in a very luxurouis resort.

Room Tip: suites over the beach are fantastic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir,

Many thanks to have spared some time to write a review and speak about your holidays on 'Trip Advisor'.

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your holiday as well as the golf.

We have worked out series of privileges to encourage golfers to stay with us - the Links and Legends golf course are located close to the hotel with unlimited green fees already included in their package, free shuttle to the golf course, free club car and golf equipment etc, golfers can only take advantage of these facilities and enjoy their favourite sports in a totally relaxed atmosphere.

I have complimented the Chef and his team on your behalf for the quality of food that you enjoyed in our different restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you for another stay at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great hotel to spend your vacation in. The ambiance is relaxing, the sun, skies and see are perfectly right and not a worry anywhere. Our rooms were very well furnished, clean and comfortable.
Staff is helpful and work hard. The food and bar were great and paid a great part in our perfect vacation experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam,

I wish to thank you for having shared your holiday experience to other potential travelers on the site of 'Trip Advisor'.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst having been looked after by our dedicated team.

I do hope to welcome you soon again in the near future.

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing. They have struck the difficult but magical mix of "over the top while non-intrusive service" and "super luxurouis while informal". And it does not hurt that the Aman insipired architecture pay respect to the fact that we are in Africa. We have been going back year after year, last in 2011, sometimes staying as long as 4 weeks. The only thing I miss is a slightly better reef for snorkeling. We are going back to Mauritius this October, and I were debating whether to do something new, try out the recently opened St Regis which is getting such rave reviews. But after visiting both websites, the kids simply said : no way!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the villas on the beach, and of the villas, my favorite is # 31.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank espenf
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing this lovely review even before you arrive in October 2013 at Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.

We are glad to be welcoming you back each time in your favourite hotel in Mauritius and to ensure that together with your family, you spend another memorable stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if needed and I shall be most obliged to assist.

I do hope that the final preparations for the holidays are coming to an end and we can only look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe de Flacq
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort

Been to Constance Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!