I feel I could ramble on about this one, but I'll try to keep it brief.
Came here as a honeymoon couple after an amazing tour of South Africa. On arrival you are hit by an amazing, opulent lobby where you think you're going to be spoilt. We had asked for a suite on stilts a year in advance, however we did not get this, despite a couple booking a few months ago and getting this. First disappointment.
Arrived in the room which was lovely, but the bath had stains on. Again, not great for an allegedly 6* hotel. Housekeeping promptly cleaned this.
Food pretty good but occasionally fell short. Breakast was good but there were birds and stray animals helping themselves to the buffet which was a little gross.
Pool very nice, but on the last day we were told we could not go in the pool in the morning as they were taking publicity shots. Disgusted we were told this, and proceeded to ignore them and went by the pool anyway.
The drink prices were absolutely abhorrent, when you are paying £18 for a gin and tonic you expect it delivered on a rare lotus leaf by trained raccoons. These high prices were prevalent throughout the resort, and meant the bars were empty at night as no one wanted to pay such high prices. Further, I was constantly overcharged or charged twice for drinks, so I felt I constantly had to keep my guard up when paying the bill. For example, I ordered a non-alcoholic cocktail at the beach in the morning, but when I went to pay it was double the price. When I asked why they stated that they put vodka in it. Unbelievable!
You don't expect to be constantly irritated by these kinds of things on your honeymoon, the manager proceeded to treat us to lunch after hearing our complaints as well as knock a marginal amount off the bill, however these memories will stay with us, so overall very disappointing considering the hotel itself is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate romantic hideaway, where stunning architectural design meets relaxed luxury. Step into this high functioning deluxe paradise, and choose from one of the 64 Junior suites, 12 Family suites, 12 Villas or the sumptuous Princely Villa. Revel in the intimate and secluded setting, pamper yourself at the renowned Sisley spa and U Spa by Constance, then enjoy the exceptional international cuisine created by our chefs from around the world. Families enjoy the beach-side villas and complimentary children's club 'Constance Kids Club', while golf fans can retreat to our 2, 18-hole championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Prince Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel Poste De Flacq
- Le Prince Maurice Hotel
- Constance Prince Maurice Mauritius/Pointe De Flacq