“Simply the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pointe de Flacq
London, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. Everything was done to make our stay wonderful. The service was excellent and the food outstanding. We have visited Mauritius many times and always enjoyed our stays but the Prince Maurice is a cut above the rest. The golf at Belle Mare was enjoyable as usual.
Hopefully we will be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guests,

I am very happy to read these kind comments on your stay at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' and I wish to thank you for sharing this holiday experience to other potential travelers.

Great to know that you managed to balance a relaxing holiday together with some rounds of golf at the Links and Legends courses.

I will look forward to your return trip in the near future.

Best regards,
Christophe Plantier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

On every level it is hard to beat. The service is understated yet intuitive, the food particularly at Barachois is the best I've ever tasted, our beach front villa was exquisite, the materials used, the design it will not date it will just 'age' as a hotel. This is not a big resort but just the right size for friends and family if you want time to together to relax. When was the last time you found bar snacks memorable ? That is the sort of place this is. Love it love it, better than Anan resorts. This must be the hidden jewel crown in the crown of the Constance group. I now feel like we should visit the new resorts in the Seychelles and Maldives. If you want timeless elegance, outstanding food, amazing service, stunning rooms and a real slice of franco-mauritian style, then this is the place for you. Enjoy !!

Room Tip: Beach front !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spared your valuable time in writing this review on Trip Advisor.

Your remarks demonstrates your high level of satisfaction and I do hope to welcome you back for a return trip in the near future.

Of course, we shall be happy to welcome you in any Constance Hotels, whether in Seychelles and Maldives as well.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had the chance to stay the second time at this fantastic hotel – as soon as arrived we felt like arriving home. The hotel is top but people makes the difference, they are all tremendous, are trying to read wishes before you had the chance to express them – it’s not only training and culture, they love what they do. The new wine cellar is impressive and in the Asian food restaurant we had the best Sushi’s we ever had. I can only recommend to visitors of this site to take the opportunity for a stay at Le Prince Maurice and congratulate the hotel team for all what they do - no doubt we will be back

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlo W
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on 'Trip Advisor' following your second visit with us.

Our mission is to 'turn guest's dreams into emotional experiences' and I am very happy to read your review where you highlight the special attention of our team members and their continuous effort to go the 'extra mile'. I must say that our staff does stand apart in their professionalism and many guests refer to the 'Princely touch' in our service delivery.

I am happy to see that you did visit the new wine cellar and did have the opportunity of tasting the sushi at the new Asian restaurant.

I sincerely hope that you will consider 'Constance Le Prince Maurice' for a third visit in the near future.

Yours,
nice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I loved every second of my stay at Le Prince Maurice, from the glass of champagne every morning we had with breakfast, to lazy lunches on the beach, to having an invigorating waterski (included which is rare!), hopping on the glass bottom boat for some snorkelling with Jean- Michel, doing a spot of putting (very badly and unbeknown to me the guy next to me was the in-house golf pro!) and and then dining under the stars at the beautiful Barachois restaurant (you have to try the chocolate coconut dessert).

Our room, situated overlooking the lagoon was beautiful and very peaceful and it was difficult getting out of bed in the morning as the bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in.

Nothing is too much for any of the hotel team, service was impeccable (although having my plate taken from my every morning at the breakfast buffet and carried to the table so I could walk unimpeded is not something I usually require :D) and you were always met by a smile.

The hotel is not very busy at this time of year, which personally I loved as I felt we had the whole place to ourselves and it was exactly what I needed to unwind. You might want to go later on in the year though if you prefer more of hustle and bustle.

This trip has definitely turned me into a Constance Hotel fan and I hope that I will be able to holiday at some of their other resorts in the future.

Thank you for making our holiday so great!

Room Tip: We had Suite 12 overlooking the lagoon which we loved, but the ones directly on the beach looked eve...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having chosen 'Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel' during your recent trip in Mauritius.

Hope you did have a safe trip back home and that you did not have much trouble in adapting back to normal life back home.

Our service standards have been devised in a way to make the stay of our guest be 'hassle-free' and treat him like royalty. I am happy to note that these little touches did somehow make you feel special.

Thank you for the different holiday tips that you highlighted in the different service outlets that can only help the guest in experiencing a memorable time with us.

I will be very happy to welcome you back for another stay in our hotel.

With kind regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is an over the top hotel in Mauritius! Hard-ware: Great product, quality materials, spacious & cosy suites, very good amenities, nice beach & pool. They also have few unique features as such as a nice library. Soft-ware/ service: This is what many hotels get wrong but they know how to deliver excellent service from arrival to departure; I am extensively travelling and it's the first hotel in a while were the luggage arrived the room before me :-). People from reception to restaurant are super friendly & helpful and knowledgeable. Food & beverage: One word tells all "awesome", great selection of good food and probably the most complete wine selection in Mauritius. Great breakfast buffet. PS: Golf courses close by with dedicated shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank tfrogk
Dear Sir / Madam,

I wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your recent trip in Mauritius.

Thank you also to have spared your time in writing a review on this travel site.

I am glad to see that you did make the most to experience the different facilities that we offer at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.'

Named after a famous Mauritian writer, Gaston Loumeau, our library is one of our unique features where we offer a wide selection of books and novels. In the past, we have also organised the 'literature prize' to pay tribute to many renowned authors worldwide and we do also have a collection of their books at the library.

I have conveyed your kind compliments to my team members from the different services named in your review and specially the ones who managed to make each dining moment memorable.

We shall be honoured to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another ultimate holiday experience in the near future.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

On arrival at Mauritius airport you are greeted with a sign ‘Welcome to Paradise’. There is no need for such a sign at Le Prince Maurice, it just is Paradise.

From the friendly welcome in the stunning entrance area with superb use of water as a decorative feature to ongoing high quality service and superb food nothing seems too much trouble to any of the staff.

We had a Junior Suite Beachside on the eastern side of the hotel. The room was superb with every convenience you could ask for, there was twice daily room service with everything kept immaculate.

There was a lovely view from our terrace across the beach to some small islands and across the bay. However we were there in June and the Trade Winds were blowing hard for much of our stay. This made it uncomfortable to use the beach outside our suite and when we wanted to sunbath we went either to the adjacent lap pool or to the main beach, which was round the corner and sheltered from the Trade Winds. Service on the beach was excellent, including the frequent cleaning of sunglasses mentioned in other reports and a ready supply of free cold water.

We were there during a period of low occupancy which, to some extent, meant that the staff was looking for something to do, so there was a higher degree of attention than we might have expected had the hotel been fuller. We learned to cope! As a result of this low occupancy we had an ongoing problem with the hot water in our suite – it wasn’t hot enough, you never needed to add cold. It was looked at several times and the resultant decision was that our suite (no 88) was a long way from the boiler, the water had a long way to travel and it got cold on the way. Because of low occupancy in the hotel not many other suites en route were using water. Had there been more residents more water would have been used in the distance between our suite and the boiler and consequently our water would have been warmer. So we had no choice but to bathe in water colder than we would have liked. If we ran the water for ten minutes it got a little warmer, but not much.

The food was the best we have ever had in a stay at a hotel. There were three restaurants, all serving excellent food, but the exquisite tastes and flavours delivered by chefs in the Archipel Restaurant will stay in our memory for a long time. There was an extensive wine list and we had the pleasure of a tour of the large wine cellars with separate sections, at different temperatures, for red and white wines. Prices on the wine list ranged from reasonable UK restaurant prices to extremely expensive, only for the very rich clients.

The spa and exercise area were, like the rest of the hotel, underused during our stay, but provided a very relaxing service and area to relax in. We particularly enjoyed reflexology by Dajee. We would advise anyone on a package including a Hotel Credit allowance for the spa to clarify exactly what is meant by ‘spa’. We found, at the end of our stay, that the hotel viewed it included massages but not treatments such as facials. Our travel agents had not made that clear to us, so we had had treatments expecting them to be within the allowance. As a result the travel agents organised some compensation for the misunderstanding.

The weather spoiled our stay to some extent but the quality of products and service at the hotel meant it was truly Paradise in Paradise

Room Tip: 86 -89 face straight into the Trade Winds, too cold in winter, said to be beneficial in Summer, but...
Dear Guests,

I am thankful to you for this lovely review received on 'Trip Advisor'.

I am very happy indeed to see that you enjoyed the different facilities that we offer which made your holidays rich of good memories.

I wish to apologize for the problems you encountered with the availability of hot water. Our maintenance team did try to remedy this issue and I am sorry to learn that it was not solved to your convenience.

I wish to thank you for your remarks regarding the spa and necessary measures have been taken to ensure that the correct message regarding our 'special credit offer' is passed-on to our esteemed clientele.

Once again, my team and myself wish to thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at le prince maurice in april 2013. every spring we spend in mauritius, to play golf, to have some family time, to escape from the long cold dark swiss winters. after spending 1 week at the new hotel long beach (which was quite nice and modern) we moved to le prince maurice because after playing le tousserok (which is included when you book long beach hotel) we also wanted to play the courses which belong to the constance hotels - and we really wanted to experience the hotel, because we had read so much about it and were very exited to finish our holidays at such a wonderful hotel. and; it was absolutely wonderful! the stepped into the amazing hotel lobby and were greeted like VIP's. First there was the guest relations person (i think) and then the responsible of the kids club (because of our 5 year old daugther) who came to welcome us and explained a bit about the hotel. then we went to our 2 villas. the location was perfect... it could not have been better. we had to ground floor appartments only steps away from a beautiful pool and the beach. the rooms are newly renovated and beautiful in a classic colonial style. the bathrooms are huge. the beds are high with wonderful pillows (you can choose what pillows you'd like), they made a lovely kids bed near the window for you little daughter. it was always clean. the pool area was fantastic. the breakfast buffet wonderful. the different restaurants just perfect and the food delicious (although i missed some local curries and spicy stuff.. but - they made this for me after i asked !! ).
Short: Go there! you won't regret it ... its 6 star and its perfect! (almost too perfect - because in the future i'll compare every hotel i'll visit with le prince maurice and it will never be as wonderful).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lilibern
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Le Prince Maurice, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for having spared your time to share your holiday experience to other travellers on this site.

It has been honour to welcome you at the end of your holiday trip in Mauritius and I am all the more happy to see that you enjoyed the few days relaxing with the family whilst also enjoying some round of golf at the Links and Legends courses.

It has been our pleasure to look after your daughter as well and make her feel like a 'Princess' whilst being at 'Le Prince Maurice'.

Once again, I would like to thank you for having chosen for your recent stay and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for such another ultimate holiday experience in the near future.

Best regards,
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,227 reviews
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Constance Le Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!