“A once in a lifetime experience!”

Constance Prince Maurice
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pointe de Flacq
nice
“A once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I loved every second of my stay at Le Prince Maurice, from the glass of champagne every morning we had with breakfast, to lazy lunches on the beach, to having an invigorating waterski (included which is rare!), hopping on the glass bottom boat for some snorkelling with Jean- Michel, doing a spot of putting (very badly and unbeknown to me the guy next to me was the in-house golf pro!) and and then dining under the stars at the beautiful Barachois restaurant (you have to try the chocolate coconut dessert).

Our room, situated overlooking the lagoon was beautiful and very peaceful and it was difficult getting out of bed in the morning as the bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in.

Nothing is too much for any of the hotel team, service was impeccable (although having my plate taken from my every morning at the breakfast buffet and carried to the table so I could walk unimpeded is not something I usually require :D) and you were always met by a smile.

The hotel is not very busy at this time of year, which personally I loved as I felt we had the whole place to ourselves and it was exactly what I needed to unwind. You might want to go later on in the year though if you prefer more of hustle and bustle.

This trip has definitely turned me into a Constance Hotel fan and I hope that I will be able to holiday at some of their other resorts in the future.

Thank you for making our holiday so great!

Room Tip: We had Suite 12 overlooking the lagoon which we loved, but the ones directly on the beach looked eve...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having chosen 'Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel' during your recent trip in Mauritius.

Hope you did have a safe trip back home and that you did not have much trouble in adapting back to normal life back home.

Our service standards have been devised in a way to make the stay of our guest be 'hassle-free' and treat him like royalty. I am happy to note that these little touches did somehow make you feel special.

Thank you for the different holiday tips that you highlighted in the different service outlets that can only help the guest in experiencing a memorable time with us.

I will be very happy to welcome you back for another stay in our hotel.

With kind regards,
Christophe Plantier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is an over the top hotel in Mauritius! Hard-ware: Great product, quality materials, spacious & cosy suites, very good amenities, nice beach & pool. They also have few unique features as such as a nice library. Soft-ware/ service: This is what many hotels get wrong but they know how to deliver excellent service from arrival to departure; I am extensively travelling and it's the first hotel in a while were the luggage arrived the room before me :-). People from reception to restaurant are super friendly & helpful and knowledgeable. Food & beverage: One word tells all "awesome", great selection of good food and probably the most complete wine selection in Mauritius. Great breakfast buffet. PS: Golf courses close by with dedicated shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank tfrogk
Dear Sir / Madam,

I wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your recent trip in Mauritius.

Thank you also to have spared your time in writing a review on this travel site.

I am glad to see that you did make the most to experience the different facilities that we offer at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.'

Named after a famous Mauritian writer, Gaston Loumeau, our library is one of our unique features where we offer a wide selection of books and novels. In the past, we have also organised the 'literature prize' to pay tribute to many renowned authors worldwide and we do also have a collection of their books at the library.

I have conveyed your kind compliments to my team members from the different services named in your review and specially the ones who managed to make each dining moment memorable.

We shall be honoured to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another ultimate holiday experience in the near future.

Kind regards,
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

On arrival at Mauritius airport you are greeted with a sign ‘Welcome to Paradise’. There is no need for such a sign at Le Prince Maurice, it just is Paradise.

From the friendly welcome in the stunning entrance area with superb use of water as a decorative feature to ongoing high quality service and superb food nothing seems too much trouble to any of the staff.

We had a Junior Suite Beachside on the eastern side of the hotel. The room was superb with every convenience you could ask for, there was twice daily room service with everything kept immaculate.

There was a lovely view from our terrace across the beach to some small islands and across the bay. However we were there in June and the Trade Winds were blowing hard for much of our stay. This made it uncomfortable to use the beach outside our suite and when we wanted to sunbath we went either to the adjacent lap pool or to the main beach, which was round the corner and sheltered from the Trade Winds. Service on the beach was excellent, including the frequent cleaning of sunglasses mentioned in other reports and a ready supply of free cold water.

We were there during a period of low occupancy which, to some extent, meant that the staff was looking for something to do, so there was a higher degree of attention than we might have expected had the hotel been fuller. We learned to cope! As a result of this low occupancy we had an ongoing problem with the hot water in our suite – it wasn’t hot enough, you never needed to add cold. It was looked at several times and the resultant decision was that our suite (no 88) was a long way from the boiler, the water had a long way to travel and it got cold on the way. Because of low occupancy in the hotel not many other suites en route were using water. Had there been more residents more water would have been used in the distance between our suite and the boiler and consequently our water would have been warmer. So we had no choice but to bathe in water colder than we would have liked. If we ran the water for ten minutes it got a little warmer, but not much.

The food was the best we have ever had in a stay at a hotel. There were three restaurants, all serving excellent food, but the exquisite tastes and flavours delivered by chefs in the Archipel Restaurant will stay in our memory for a long time. There was an extensive wine list and we had the pleasure of a tour of the large wine cellars with separate sections, at different temperatures, for red and white wines. Prices on the wine list ranged from reasonable UK restaurant prices to extremely expensive, only for the very rich clients.

The spa and exercise area were, like the rest of the hotel, underused during our stay, but provided a very relaxing service and area to relax in. We particularly enjoyed reflexology by Dajee. We would advise anyone on a package including a Hotel Credit allowance for the spa to clarify exactly what is meant by ‘spa’. We found, at the end of our stay, that the hotel viewed it included massages but not treatments such as facials. Our travel agents had not made that clear to us, so we had had treatments expecting them to be within the allowance. As a result the travel agents organised some compensation for the misunderstanding.

The weather spoiled our stay to some extent but the quality of products and service at the hotel meant it was truly Paradise in Paradise

Room Tip: 86 -89 face straight into the Trade Winds, too cold in winter, said to be beneficial in Summer, but...
Dear Guests,

I am thankful to you for this lovely review received on 'Trip Advisor'.

I am very happy indeed to see that you enjoyed the different facilities that we offer which made your holidays rich of good memories.

I wish to apologize for the problems you encountered with the availability of hot water. Our maintenance team did try to remedy this issue and I am sorry to learn that it was not solved to your convenience.

I wish to thank you for your remarks regarding the spa and necessary measures have been taken to ensure that the correct message regarding our 'special credit offer' is passed-on to our esteemed clientele.

Once again, my team and myself wish to thank you for your feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at le prince maurice in april 2013. every spring we spend in mauritius, to play golf, to have some family time, to escape from the long cold dark swiss winters. after spending 1 week at the new hotel long beach (which was quite nice and modern) we moved to le prince maurice because after playing le tousserok (which is included when you book long beach hotel) we also wanted to play the courses which belong to the constance hotels - and we really wanted to experience the hotel, because we had read so much about it and were very exited to finish our holidays at such a wonderful hotel. and; it was absolutely wonderful! the stepped into the amazing hotel lobby and were greeted like VIP's. First there was the guest relations person (i think) and then the responsible of the kids club (because of our 5 year old daugther) who came to welcome us and explained a bit about the hotel. then we went to our 2 villas. the location was perfect... it could not have been better. we had to ground floor appartments only steps away from a beautiful pool and the beach. the rooms are newly renovated and beautiful in a classic colonial style. the bathrooms are huge. the beds are high with wonderful pillows (you can choose what pillows you'd like), they made a lovely kids bed near the window for you little daughter. it was always clean. the pool area was fantastic. the breakfast buffet wonderful. the different restaurants just perfect and the food delicious (although i missed some local curries and spicy stuff.. but - they made this for me after i asked !! ).
Short: Go there! you won't regret it ... its 6 star and its perfect! (almost too perfect - because in the future i'll compare every hotel i'll visit with le prince maurice and it will never be as wonderful).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lilibern
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for having spared your time to share your holiday experience to other travellers on this site.

It has been honour to welcome you at the end of your holiday trip in Mauritius and I am all the more happy to see that you enjoyed the few days relaxing with the family whilst also enjoying some round of golf at the Links and Legends courses.

It has been our pleasure to look after your daughter as well and make her feel like a 'Princess' whilst being at 'Le Prince Maurice'.

Once again, I would like to thank you for having chosen for your recent stay and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for such another ultimate holiday experience in the near future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We've cruised the Caribbean on 6 star Silverseas cruiseliners, and stayed in 5 star plus hotels stretching the globe from Sandy Lane in Barbados to the Marbella Club in Spain, George V & Le Crillon in Paris and The One and Only in Dubai, but they do not come anywhere close to Le Prince Maurice in Mauritius.
The whole hotel set-up exudes effortless professionalism, led by a passionate team.
Everywhere you turn, you are met by smiley faces, wanting to know 'How is your day' or 'Can we do anything for you?'

There are 3 restaurants: our favorite was Barachois. This is a floating restaurant in the lagoon. It is approached by a bridge. It is in a unique setting, and a real treat. The food is first class, especially the 'Indean Ocean Seafood starter' and the 'Green curry'. The team serving were professional but not stuffy. Special staff members are Pascal (our favorite), Arun & Cherrylene. In the main restaurant, the Archipel (chain of islands??), the chief chef Michel is from France, and cooks every day to Michelin Star standard. He prepared 2 wonderful curries for my hubby. The souffles were to die for, and as good as any you would get in France or London.

Our room, no.81 was a double-double! Beautifully furnished with a thoughtful layout. All the usuals, hair dryer, slippers (though far more luxurious than the norm) and loads of fluffy white towels and flannels. Extremely huge & comfortable bed with crisp white cotton sheets and pillows. Enormous bath, and 2 hand basins in our room. Separate shower and toilet. Loads of wardrobe space and endless wooden coathangers.Free Wi-Fi in our room and most areas within the hotel, including the amazing library. Here there are 2 AppleMac computers and a printer for all to use, and a library stacked from end to end with a great array of books.

Spa was absolutely luxurious. Product used is Sisley...say no more! Heaven. Would recommend the pedicure in the Spa by Franck - a guy who really knows all there is to know about feet! He is happy to do your hands /feet in your room if you prefer, though his room in the Spa is amazing, really comfortable and relaxing.

Assistant Manager, Aschok, greeted us on arrival, and everyday thereafter. He is always visible, checking everything and everyone is happy. We were also greeted by the General Manager one evening on our way to dinner. My husband compared him to Alex Ferguson!! Definitely had his finger on the pulse, and was a real Team leader. There was a fully manned reception 24/7. Special mention to Sunil in the lunchtime restaurant - really helpful, as are ALL the staff. The sunbeds are double width, with towels to match. Umbrellas with every bed, and swimming pools are crystal clear. Great pool staff, offering you complimentary water at your sunbed (plus offering to clean your sunglasses, refreshing hand towels and Vichy water cool spray for your face). We had 13 days of sunshine out of 14.

I have to stop now, as I am wanting to go back!

Room Tip: Room 81 is great!
3 Thank VMaryB
Dear Madam,

I have been delighted to read such a lovely review after your recent stay with us.

I am really touched by your kind words that highlight the different facilities that we offer and specially the team who always strive to deliver a service with excellence and make your stay be an ultimate holiday experience.

I did share your review to the team members and specially those whom you mentioned to have made your stay somehow more special.

Having traveled such known and reputed places that you mentioned, there is no doubt that you have come across many such facilities that will 'blow you away' but am happy to see that we managed to create a sparkle that will always make you remember the 'Princely touch' of the services at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice Hotel.'

We shall be honored to welcome you again in the future and rest-assured, we shall put everything in to place so that you do spend another memorable stay in our hotel.

Port Louis
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to Constance Prince Maurice for my honeymoon on 22nd July 2013. I checked in late and way past dinner time. When I arrived in the room, there was a table of all sort of nice food. They decorated the room really nicely. The staff were very attentive.
The only thing was that the flooring is slippery and it rained the day I arrived and I fell down in my wedding dress. I will removed points for that.
Otherwise the whole stay was perfect.
So I give 8 over 10 points.
The breakfast and dinner was really nice.
And I love Le Barachois restaurant. It is different and on water.

Room Tip: The Junior suite on stilts are nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Haj296
PrinceMaurice, General Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all, I wish to thank you for having chosen to stay in our hotel to celebrate your honeymoon.

I would like to thank you also for having spared your time to write a review on this site.

I am happy see that you keep good souvenirs of your stay with us, the different facilities we offer and not to forget about the magical dining experience at the floating restaurant, 'Le Barachois'.

I am sorry to hear about the incident of Madam having slipped fell down. The wooden flooring in our rooms may become slippery if it is wet.

I hope to be honored to welcome you for another stay in our hotel, on your anniversary perhaps...

My heartfelt congratulations once again for your wedding.

Rickmansworth
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have just enjoyed our third visit to Le Prince Maurice. The accommodation, food, amenities, activities and attention to detail are excellent and the environment is most relaxing. The quality of service is consistently of the highest standard and there is a clear focus to ensure that guests are able to fully enjoy their stay. We played golf on the Links course, which is part of the activities provided by the hotel - a great course to suit all handicaps and with some stunning views and, again, excellent service from the staff.

This is an excellent holiday location - the quality and attention of the staff ensure that the holiday is enjoyable - we shall undoubtedly visit again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Roy008
PrinceMaurice, Front Office Manager at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am very happy to read your review on 'Trip Advisor' following your last stay with us at 'Constance Le Prince Maurice.'

We would like to thank you for having chosen to come back for your third visit in our hotel which has now become your holiday place in Mauritius.

I am glad that you did enjoy this relaxing and golfing trip and it has been our mission to pamper you all throughout your stay for being our special repeat guests over the past years.

I sincerely look forward to your return trip in the future and we will try our utmost to make it another memorable stay in Constance Hotels.

My best regards to both of you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe de Flacq
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Constance Prince Maurice? Share your experiences!