My Husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of June. The transfer is just over an hour but it is well worth it. We were very warmly greeted with a small iced drink and a cold flannel. The weather was perfect, when it did rain it was during the night. We could sit in the sun all day without having to go in and out the pool to cool down. We did however spend most of our time on the beach, the beach service is great you need not get off your sun lounger, very friendly beach service guys. There are beach hawkers who wish to sell you their goods but we found them no problem just saying no thanks and they would be on their way. We stayed in a deluxe room which is on the third ( top ) floor, it was huge. The bathroom has a large bath and a large walk in shower, double sinks and the toilet is situated inside the bathroom but has a door for privacy, dressing gowns and many toilitries provided. There is ample wardrobe space and drawers. Not a flat screen tv though, I am sure they will get round to that eventually but we did have free internet access in our room so we took a small laptop to skype family. Our balcony had a sea view but as in previous reviews the view was obstructed by many palm trees. Room service was great they also returned on an evening to tidy your room and turn down your bed. We cheekily asked for a look in the family rooms and these are just absolutely massive they are like a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment without a kitchen, they even had childrens sized dressing gowns hanging up for use. The main buffet restaurant always had excellent food. They have live cooking stations where all your food is cooked fresh and to your liking, plentiful choice. The other two restaurants were also excellent, you need to book to go to either of these but you can go as many times as you like during your holiday these are both waiter service, choice is minimal but still all very good. We did go all-inclusive which I advise anyone to do as drinks and food is pretty expensive. You still get good quality bottles of wine, soft drinks, cocktails, etc. Staff are extremely polite helpful and friendly they try and do anything you ask them. The watersports are very good all located on the beach, pedaloes, kayaking, glass bottom boat , small sailing boats and speed boats with floats on the back to give you a ride of your life, water sking is further along the beach near Le Horizon restaurant. I recommend aqua shoes for when you are in the sea as the coral is quite dense and rough on your feet, we took our own snorkling kits, you will see different types of fish when you are just standing in the sea. We saw a wedding everyday at the hotel, couples usually get married on the beach in a beautiful decorated wooden gazebo, the only downside for couples getting married there is just about everyday out at sea there was a large tanker, not really the view you want in Mauritius getting married or not. The bar is lovely, great for a drink anytime of the day, nicely decorated, always exotic flowers on display throughout the hotel. We did a sub-scooter ride which we recommend and a wild south day excursion to see some of the island, these are trips you can book anytime, a local representative will call and see you at the hotel for any info you may need and trips you can book. People are very helpful, taxi drivers are not going to rip you off we had no problems with anything. If I was to have a complaint it would be how early it gets dark on an evening. It was 6pm and it was dark, missed the long light nights like in Europe. Overall the hotel is fabulous, food is great and staff just want you to enjoy your holidays, would definately return to Le Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious beachside resort in Mauritius Located due west on the coast of Mauritius, Le Victoria is conveniently situated between the tourist hub of Grand Baie and Port Louis, the capital city. Facing the splendid sunsets, Le Victoria is one of the most popular family resorts in Mauritius. Renowned for its spacious sea-facing rooms, a laid-back atmosphere and a wide range of activities for both children and teenagers, the hotel encompasses a lifestyle to appeal to all ages. For your ultimate peace of mind, purchase the hotel's optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers all meals and drinks as well as added-value items throughout your holiday in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Victoria
- Le Victoria Mauritius
- Le Victoria Pointe Aux Piments
- Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments