based on reviews on tripadvisor , we chose this hotel and i must say we were most disappointed with the service..
although the hotel needs a revamp , we could deal with the current condition..VERY LIVABLE , BUT NEEDS THAT MODERN TOUCH
the staff were friendly , but NOT very helpful.
The rest of my group actually rated the service...' ' non- existent'..
The breakfast table was always short of cutlery , whether it was , cereal spoons or teaspoons, sometimes by the time the spoons arrived the tea was cold and getting someone to bring us some more tea was a mission,
we were promised a bottle of juice on arrival as we dont drink red wine , we asked 4 times and received the juice a day before we left, it was one of those that neede a knife or scissor to open , and we just didnt bother to ask as all our previous requests , were to no avail.
i looked forward to the 'origami animal with towels'..as i read and seen on trip advisor.. [ no such such luck...sadly..
one day we went without towels with delayed our shower for the day..
the second day , the empty bottle of shower gel , still laid in the shower cubicle , showing no sign of services rendered..[ much to our dismay)
the shuttle from the main hotel to the nirvana wing was a nightmare, we had to 'beg' for transport to main building ,
for a hotel that big , its a shame that theres only 2 or 3 shuttles servicing the needs of the guests..
the drinks are 'FLAT' and exorbitantly priced.
the spa area is beautiful , but treatment fair...[ balinese massage].
shells restaurants didnt cater for our needs ,as our requests werent available , but the chefs at cumin buffet , really went out of their way to satisfy us ,[ the one plus point]
we rounded off our stay with a lovely dinner at LA FAYA restaurant , a special request of prawn curry and grilled prawns were delectable, we asked to see the chef personally to thank him..
that was about the highlight of our stay there..
i hope the staff and management of le meridian takes this as constructive criticism and not as a platform to degrade your resort , which does have extreme potential.
but i have to admit some of the staff were friendly..
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Ile Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Meridien Ile Maurice
- Le Meridien Mauritius
- Le Meridien Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Le Meridien
- Ile Le Maurice Meridien