My boyfriend and I spent a week at this resort. The resort is beautiful, clean and has amazing views. We spent most of our time at the beach,the water was the perfect temperature. We organised swimming with dolphins and a catamaran trip to Ile aux Cerfs which was amazing. Most of the wines are of South African origin and were ridiculouly overpriced!! They are really not worth paying for. We bought our own wine at duty free and sat on the beach watching the sun go down with our drinks. The food and service at La Faya and Cumin was very good, mention must be made of Kamlesh who offered excellent service at La Faya. The food at 180 was average and the service was not great, I had to get up and go find someone to serve me coffee at breakfast. I was quite disappointed at the lack of evening entertainment. There was a band on some of the nights but the music was very cheesy - it sounded like bad karaoke. I would highly recomend taking a taxi and going shopping at the markets in Grand Baie and Port Louis. If you go directly to the taxis you should get cheaper rates. When we first arrived we had a very nice ground floor room facing the ocean and right on the beach, unfortunately there was a leak coming from the aircon and we had to move rooms. We were "upgraded" to a room on the top floor on the far side of the resort. we were not happy with this as the room had the same interior as our previous room but it was far away from everything else, so we asked for the problem in our old room to be fixed and we moved back the next day. Moving again was not ideal as we spent much of our holiday packing, moving and unpacking again. After one night back in the room we were asked to move to The Nirvana area. This room was great and the Nirvana area was nice and relaxing being away from all of the hustle and bustle of the general family orientated areas.
Overall excellent service was given by a well mannered and friendly staff compliment, once again the best of this was received from Kamlesh at La faya as well as the duty manager,Habib.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Ile Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Meridien Ile Maurice
- Le Meridien Mauritius
- Le Meridien Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Le Meridien
- Ile Le Maurice Meridien