The day we checked in, we were told that our room would only be ready in an hour so we decided to relax on the beach and order some drinks. My fiance went to the pool bar and he was told that the waiter would bring over the drinks to us. We had to wait over 45 minutes to actually get the drinks. My fiance went over to the bar 3 times to confirm in case they forgotten about us, they kept saying 5 minutes but it took over 45 minutes to actually get served. We complained to reception after receiving our room key, but they didn't seemed surprised.
The food was very very bad, the smoke marlin we had at breakfast almost stunk as if it was off, as a matter of fact. The food selection was so bad that we ended up going out to the nearest town to eat.
Entertainment was very mediocre so we decided to leave the hotel and night and spent time in Grand Baie.
The beach is very very rocky, and rough, we are beach lovers but sadly had to spend swimming in the pool. If you love the beach, this hotel beach location is a big NO NO!
We were told that some water sports were free but do not be tempted by this as the hotel has hardly enough boats and is always booked for the entire week, so if you are there for a few nights you might not be lucky with any water activities.
Overall we were extremely disappointed with our stay at Le Meridien and will never go back
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Ile Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Meridien Ile Maurice
- Le Meridien Mauritius
- Le Meridien Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Le Meridien
- Ile Le Maurice Meridien