Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Oberoi and it was superb.
Firstly the staff are excellent, always friendly, always helpful and most go above and beyond. Credit to Marc Denton, the General Manager, whose hands-on, enthusiastic attitude obviously rubs off on all the staff and the bar is kept very high.
Secondly the food is very good. We ate in the main restaurant, the 'On the Rocks' and also dined at one of their specialist fish nights in the Gunpowder room. All different but the service and quality of food consistently very high. The specialist fish night was probably a bit quiet for us, and with only one other couple lacked a bit of atmosphere. However I think we were getting spoilt by this time.
The Spa is great, I had a Thai massage and my wife had a Balinese. The whole experience was really good and we can compare. There's many other treatments available and speaking to others it seemed like consistent quality throughout. I joined the Thai Chi class and the instructor couldn't do enough - he even set up a class for me in his free time!
The beach is pretty good. You can swim, unlike some hotel beaches which are too rocky, and it never seemed to get busy. We went snorkelling and the driver was very helpful, which was a great way to spend a couple of hours and Kayaks are available to take out at any time.
Our room was the basic one but had everything, including a nice view and very close to the beach. I know there's a jump in price to the next tier up but honestly, given we were only in the room at night, it had everything we needed and was kept immaculately clean.
There's plenty of bars to lounge around at during the day, especially if it rains, which it did a few times. And there's many other things to do, with boat tours, kayaks, peddleos, wine tasting, spa classes, cooking classes, and many more.
Overall, a fantastic experience, thank you to all the staff for making our stay memorable.
We intend to come back to this hotel and we highly recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Oberoi, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Mauritius Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Oberoi Hotel Mauritius
- Oberoi Mauritius
- Oberoi Pointe Aux Piments
- Pointe Aux Piments Oberoi
- The Oberoi, Mauritius Pointe Aux Piments