Recif Attitude
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Spice Garden(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Pool
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Le Sakoa Hotel(Trou aux Biches)
  • Pool
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Oasis Beach Club(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Pool
Le Palmiste Resort & Spa(Trou aux Biches)
1,641 results
All reviewsle recifbeachfront roomrooms are basicsmall hotelhalf boardgrand baieboutique hotelbus stopglass bottom boatboat housefirst visit to mauritiusthe general managerinfinity poola la cartesea viewport louisfriendly hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The Hotel is nicely situated for the tourist area of Grand Baie and Port Louis. Use the bus as its far cheaper than a taxi. The bus stop is very near. The waiting staff are exceptionally attentive. They are kind and courteous, especially Berjan who runs the bar in the evening. You are greeted on arrival and your luggage is taken to your room.
The room had a separate toilet, sink and shower. The hand basin and shower are next to your bed. The room as a fridge with a mini bar, hairdryer and a mosquito spray. TV channels are all in French and if you are English you will find yourself cut off from the UK as all newspapers and mags are all French. Our room was on the ground floor next to the gardens. I recommend you dont have the turndown service in the evening as the staff will either let in a whole host of insect life or, in our case, a rodent! We heard a scratching sound in the dead of night and putting on the light saw a rodent in the litter bin. I managed to throw the bin through the door. For the final 5 days of the holiday we had to leave a light on. On the morning of our departure we found a rodent running all over the room we managed to usher it behind a curtain as we rushed to get ready and get out the room as quickly as possible. We reported the incident to the manager who explained this was not the first time this had happened. He said they were just mice and weren't harmless, nevertheless i urge you to get an upstairs room. The beach is not private and a lot of local children will be swimming near where you sun bathe. The sand is very gritty so take some sea shoes. You also get a free massage and use of a steam room.
The food was excellent. Breakfasts were buffet style with lots of breads and fruit. The lunch is a la carte and evening meals are buffet except for wednesdays and sundays. You will be eating your breakfast overlooking the Indian Ocean how cool is that! Flies can be a problem in the afternoon as they swarm towards your food as soon as its served. Not much can be done about this. Overall the food and very attentive staff were excellent, just a shame that not enough is done to stop mice entering your room at night, but if your not squeamish then you will have a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flippy504213
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Andre and Suzette would wish to thank all the Le Recif staff for an exccelent holiday at the hotel. Especiaaly to Kevin, and all the staff. We highly recommend the hotel to anybody who wish to have a personal touch, quality holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Choosing a holiday destination is fairly easy (in this case Mauritius) but getting the accomodation right is another challenge alogether. I was after a small, boutique resort where I could sleep, eat, swim, snorkel and take some long walks and after researching what area of Mauritius would suit, I searched for reviews in the Pointe Aux Piments/Trois au Biches area. I couldn't have wished for a better place to unwind, relax and refresh a tired mind and body for six days.

Le Recif was the perfect location; my room was quiet, with a glorious view over the water and directly below, a small beach where I could swim and snorkel at leisure. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the food plentiful and tasty, the wine reasonable and the general ambience superb. My standard room was large and comfortable and spotlessly clean, with a bar fridge and tea-making facilities. As I was travelling alone, I really appreciated the effort the staff made to make me feel at home.

The location suited me perfectly. Just a short bus or taxi ride to Grand Baie with shopping and the local walks were peaceful along the shore and interesting further inland. I later moved on to Pereybere and then Mahreborg but neither place compared in my eyes to Pointe Aux Piments and Le Recif.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We spent 10 nights here for our anniversary. Nice to be in a smaller hotel, not one of the huge impersonal chains down the coast. Lots of attention has gone into the design and overall feel of this place, which is small enough for the service to feel personal, and big enough to have some of the facilities of bigger hotels. Great pool, lots of sun-loungers and fluffy orange towels. The breakfast and dinner buffets were fine, particularly good fresh tropical fruit. Lots of choice. There's a fantastic seafood restaurant upstairs (some credit available towards the cost, if you're on a half board deal). Highlight of the hotel for me was the SCUBA diving (cost not included, but not expensive), taking the boat out from the hotel at 8, and back by 10am having seen a coral reef and/or a wreck and lots of fish.

The beach is great for snorkelling, but a fair few rocks a few metres out so not the best swimming beach unless you have something on your feet. The pool though is great - a slate-lined infinity pool, ideal for sunset watching.

There was nightly entertainment of the keyboard and singer variety - popular with the older guests in their 40s/50s, I would have been happier with more of a chill out/lounge CD, in keeping with the boutique hotel decor, but it was entertaining all the same.

There are cars to rent at the hotel - we hired one privately for the week via a friend so I don't know the costs. You can walk into Pointe aux Piments where there's a small supermarket and a few restaurants, and there are always taxi's waiting outside. Grand Baie is a short drive and has more restaurants and bars, but this isn't a hotel if you're looking for lots of nightlife - definitely one for just relaxing.

The Aquarium is on the same road - about 3 mins walk.

One piece of advice : work out how much sun cream you think you need, and then double it in both quantity and the SPF number, unless you think looking like a lobster is cool !

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2009

This is our 5th time in Mauritius and our 1st time in this hotel. We were very happy overall with this place and would recommend to anyone to stay here. For a 3 star hotel, it is very much under rated. The rooms are very clean, maybe could do with a little more upgrade, but very spacious and clean. Full view of the ocean from the room. The hotel is right on the ocean, you cant get any closer. The pool was amazing. The food was very good and the service was excellent in all areas except the restaurant. I spoke to the general manager about this and I am sure something will be done asap.
I would stay here again for sure. It is in a great location, close to Port Louis and Grand Bae. Most importantly, the value for money is definately there. I would not expect anything better for $150 Euro per night with breakfast and dinner included every night. Not to mention the live entertainment. Go for it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple