Looking at so many positive and great reviews on this website about the Hotel and checking their hotels' home page, was eagerly looking forward to spend a wonderful memorable time at Le Recif but eventually got disappointed with respect to mainly the food; dinner and breakfast amongst other things.
I won't say that it was a total disapointment as there were some positive facts like a warm welcome from the General Manager, Mr. Raymond, friendly deputy manager Kevin, flexibility regarding check-in and check-out time, welcoming drink, helpfulness of SOME of the staffs etc
However,my wife and I were disappointed with the "menu a la carte" food options. Nothing special to say "Wow, what a dish!". Had to get along with what was basically offered and to eat something instead of being hungry. We understand that its a 3 star hotel and not affordable to offer open buffet every night but atleast some effort could have been made to offer more delicious dishes.
With respect to the breakfast, we were damn surprised that so limited variety of food was offered. When leaving our room, we thought of having a heavy breakfast but it was not meant to be. We have been to many other 3 Star hotels before and even during the same period of the year but never came across such situation whereby had so little variety of food for the breakfast. We were trying hard to put some good stuffs on our plate. Even the fruits being proposed were too basic, nothing extra, not to the standard of a nice 3 Star Hotel. Apologies for these comments but our previous experiences to other 3 Star hotels made us to inevitably compare (like to like) and realise that in relation to the dinner and breakfast, the hotel was well not to the expected standard.
I don't like to cite name about negative comments but that woman Kavita serving us the "omelette" (breakfast) was rude, not having a smile, like we were bothering her when requested for omelettes. Moreover, personally, we had this feeling that less attention was given to us, we felt neglected and often had to keep waiting for someone to attend to our requests. Don't know if its because we are local people (Mauritian) or something else but we were not made to feel valued like other customers (tourists/foreigners) who were being everytime taken care of and attended with a nice smile by the staffs while we were often being ignored. Please don't take it bad but we also paid for it, didn't stay free, then why this discrimination in treatment of customers????
It was the first time that at a hotel we felt this difference in treatment which made us feel down and was not a good start of the day. Only one thing was in our mind, "Enough now, lets go from here"
Sorry for the above long feedback but I consider that I need to share my wife's and my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north west of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is a must if you want to go back to essentials, to recharge your batteries, to spend time together as a family or as a couple, to spend time with friends...Nestled in a white sandy creek overlooking a beautiful natural marine preserve, this "Adult Only" hotel is an invitation to Farniente. Guests can spend hours chatting, sipping an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand or in one of the cosy sitting corners... At sunset, the ideal spot to watch that enormous orange sun entering the sea slowly...Dressed in white and wood, Recif Attitude is a mix of comfort, vibrant Mauritian soul and boutique hotel spirit. The 70 room hotel with its cubical architecture, modern furniture and refined design, is decorated with taste. Warm welcome, caring and discreet staff, together with unique body care and facials of the Spa Attitude, without forgetting the seafood restaurant, contribute to the subtle luxury of this 3 star sup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Recif Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Recif Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Recif Pointe Aux Piments
- Recif Attitude Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments