Having read all the reviews prior to booking this holiday, we were extremely disappointed in what we experienced. On arrival we were greeted by lovely friendly staff who invited us to take breakfast while we were waiting for our room. On moving from the reception area we started to see signs of a tired hotel. Areas of decking covered in bird lime and woodwork in need of attention.
We found the breakfast selection very poor, especially if you were going to be there for any length of time. For example hardly any fresh fruit selection, considering you are in a tropical climate bananas and pineapple are really not enough!
We had chosen a beach front room (not a basic room) and we were not disappointed with the rooms view, but I am afraid this was the only good point of this accommodation. The room was generally dirty, curtains stained and too short allowing to much light in and bedroom fittings in need of replacing. Walls marked and with a healthy compliment of ants, mould in shower area, paint peeling off bathroom shelves and poorly fitting fixtures.
This was enough for us to contact our tour rep, who then arranged a meeting with hotel assistant manager (Kevin). We made it perfectly clear that we were not prepared to stay in the hotel any longer even with the possibility of an upgrade. Full credit to Kevin, he took all our observations on board and transferred us to a sister hotel, Paradise cove, a world apart!
We have been fortunate to travel widely and stay in various star accommodation and we can honestly say this was the worst hotel we have come across. This is a shame as it is in a lovely location and with some investment it could be a lovely hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the north west of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is a must if you want to go back to essentials, to recharge your batteries, to spend time together as a family or as a couple, to spend time with friends...Nestled in a white sandy creek overlooking a beautiful natural marine preserve, this "Adult Only" hotel is an invitation to Farniente. Guests can spend hours chatting, sipping an exotic cocktail bare feet in the sand or in one of the cosy sitting corners... At sunset, the ideal spot to watch that enormous orange sun entering the sea slowly...Dressed in white and wood, Recif Attitude is a mix of comfort, vibrant Mauritian soul and boutique hotel spirit. The 70 room hotel with its cubical architecture, modern furniture and refined design, is decorated with taste. Warm welcome, caring and discreet staff, together with unique body care and facials of the Spa Attitude, without forgetting the seafood restaurant, contribute to the subtle luxury of this 3 star sup. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Recif Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Recif Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Recif Pointe Aux Piments
- Recif Attitude Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments