“Most properly the best Indian Restaurant in the west side”

Cilantro Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2017

We relay enjoyed our mild spice Indian food, The restaurant had a very limited number of table so booking in advance is a must

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

From my experience in mauritius and their food, this is an excellent place to visit and eat. The staff are friendly and helpful. They also have live Indian music.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Cilantro is an elegant restaurant open for A La Carte dining and features the finest in Indian cuisine. The dinner was fabulous with so many different Indian dishes and the best Naan bread I ever had. I would warmly recommend that you visit Cilantro and ask the waiter for recommendations. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

I visited twice during my stay at the neighbouring hotel. The first time in the main Cilantro Indian Restaurant. The food was lovely, but certainly not cheap (2 courses and 2 glasses of wine in excess of £75 even with my local hotel discount), but as I was travelling alone I thought it would be nice as a last night treat to come back again, this time to the Teppanyaki Restaurant (across the courtyard from the main building) as it looked very social. I booked and confirmed this with the gentleman in charge as I was leaving the original restaurant 3 days earlier. He offered me the choice of the 7pm or 9pm slot and when I asked for 7pm said that was fine and wrote down my details. Tonight I turn up at 7.05pm (after their provided buggy turned up late for pick up) only to be informed my booking was never made and there was no space to accommodate me. So I got shoved in a (cold) isolated corner of the main building (separate from everyone else enjoying their social Teppanyaki meal). The lady serving was very sweet (same lady as a few days prior), but no effort was made to compensate the fact that my last Mauritian evening was a big disappointment (and obviously not a cheap dinner). Far from being the social evening I had so been looking forward to.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank white_kathy
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Went there for a birthday. The restaurant has a nice setting even if the facade maybe need update. Chef came out of the kitchen to greet us, proposing to help us with the menu.
Our waiter or "head waiter" was extremely nice and hospitable.

Only negatives the crab cakes as appetizer were very tiny for the price and amount of food in the plate. I would choose something more Indian traditional when you go there.
Additionally, the wine game could be improved.

Food was great, especially the Thalis. Hotel restaurants, in general, are not very tasty but The Cilantro was pretty good.
We enjoyed our evening very much!

Date of visit: February 2017