This is a lovely small hotel set right on a fantastic beach. We stayed in one of the 'cottages.' The room was a good size with AC, TV, tea/coffee facilities, safe, fridge, hairdryer. We had a huge comfortable bed and a large bathroom. The room was kept very clean but the paintwork was a little shabby and they seemed to have not enough towels (sometimes they were collected in the morning and not returned until the afternoon). The gardens were kept beautifuly and the staff were among the best in any hotel I have stayed, when you went for dinner there was always someone to meet you, show you to a table, get you a drink, plates were cleared promptly. The food was very good, lots of choice first week but less the second when the hotel had fewer guests. I loved the Indian food and had that most days. There was a mix of nationalities, Indian, French, Italian, German, Austrian and English, because it was a small hotel everyone was very friendly. We booked with Mercury Direct and flew Air Mauritius, the flight was ok but very cramped, not sure if I'd use that airline again. In the advertisments for the hotel is says there is thrice weekly entertainments, free glass bottom boat trip and free sunset cruise with free drink and nibbles. The only entertainemnt we saw in the two weeks we were there were Sega dancers twice and music on a couple of nights. The sunset cruise was neither at sunset or a cruise. We left at 4.30 (sunset is about 8pm) and 'puttered' in a motor boat along the coast for about half an hour. The refereshments were a plastic cup half full of warm coke! Having said that we loved the hotel and Mauritius and our only reget was that we'd only booked two weeks instead of three.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Hotel Gold Beach