Like most of the Oregon Coast line motels this is an older place, but well kept. Our room was clean, had a sofa and chair along with an Ocean view and balcony. It is not a resort though the name says it resort.
The fixtures are updated, great water pressure, quiet space to kick back and relax. They have breakfast with eggs, biscuits and gravy as well as cereals. The staff is very helpful and goes above what I have seen with many other locations.
One thing to note: If you are sensitive to odors you may have issues here. The room had a very fragrant scent like the glade plugins or something. If you have asthma or respiratory issues you may want to have someone check it out for you first. I did wake with a bit of tightness in my chest after one night there.
They had a big bus of 35 that had arrived before us, but you would not have known it if the bus were not in the parking lot. Everything was quiet all night long and the bus was gone in the morning without a trace of anyone ever being there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Beach Resort, in Mauritius, is located in the Western coastal village of Flic en Flac along a beautiful white sandy beach.The Hotel’s concept is to offer to guests the best holidays in a relaxing & enchanting environment with a selection of water sports activities and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Gold Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Gold Beach Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac
- Hotel Gold Beach