This is the first time we have ever written a review but having read some of the comments regarding the Maradiva we felt we had to put the record straight, in our opinion that is. We only booked the Maradiva for our wedding (we will cover this later) in January and we arrived for our 2 week stay early on 18thFeb. Having made the booking we started to worry about our special day having read some of the recent reviews. Just to let you have some background, we have stayed in some of the most exclusive hotels in the Far East, Dubai, Europe, the States and the Caribbean so we like to think that we have a good idea of how a top Hotel should be. Well all we can say is that the poor reviews on this site, in our opinion, are simply wrong. From our early arrival we have been treated so well by ALL the staff who are attentive, helpful but not over the top and they come across as being so sincere. There are obviously some exceptions, but only in a good way, for instance the wedding co-ordinator, Prithee is simply outstanding and she made our special day simply perfect (we were married on Feb 24th). We have had breakfast and Dinner in Coast2Coast several times and have found the service and the food superb, only once did I have a problem with my eggs being over cooked one breakfast and having pointed this out to one of the waiters, I had a replacement within 5 mins.
Others have complained of a “lack of privacy”. True, the plunge pool in front of your Villa is not surrounded by a brick wall, why would you want it to be?? We can relax in ours and look across at the view of the superb gardens and the Indian Ocean beyond, if you want total privacy why not go inside the gorgeous Villa.
No the bars are not full of noisy people, this is such a peaceful resort where you can unwind and enjoy each others company, if you want noisy Bars probably best to go to a resort in Spain.
We could go on and on about how amazing this place is, we are lucky enough to have another week here, however, if anyone is thinking of a trip to Mauritius or better still, planning a wedding here, please do not be put off by the negative comments on this web site. If you contact us through Trip Advisor we would be happy to answer any questions you may have or share some of the 100+ photo’s we have already taken!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac