Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
La Pirogue Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
  • Pool
Hotel Tamarin(Tamarin)
View Hotel
Gold Beach Resort(Flic En Flac)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Les 2 canons(Flic En Flac)
View Hotel
All reviewscoast to coastprivate pooloutdoor showerin villa diningindian restaurantour honeymoonpresidential villachef ravioutdoor living arealuxury suiteday bedhalf boardmain restaurantleading hotels of the worldwalk in wardrobeevery afternoonmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Well, perhaps the most important point here is that my partner and I visited the hotel in March 2013, and have just returned from a second visit. We have stayed in 5* hotels all over the world and Maradiva is my favourite, I cannot fault it, and unlike another reviewer did not find it necessary to undermine the hotel bar by importing my own drinks from a local supermarket, frankly at such a lovely hotel, time better spent on the beach or in the spa.

There are so many of the staff who deserve special thanks, Vikash who made sure that every day started with pretty much anything that we wanted for breakfast, it was made very clear that, 'if it was not on the menu just assume that it was available.' The waiting team at the main Coast 2 Coast restaurant were attentive at all times of day, far too many to mention by name, but all of them.

The Cilantro restaurant remains an absolute joy, both the excitement of the Teppanaki Japanese, and the Indian side, both world class restaurants in their own right, I have eaten there and enjoyed better prepared food than I have had in Knightsbridge or Chelsea!
The spa is a must. My partner and I started with a one hour massage, and went back for a second and third 'hour and a half' session and then I managed a cheeky fourth visit.

The guys in the boat house were always fun, special mention to Stellio who heads up the team, Coco who again took us swimming with the dolphins and snorkelling, and Fabrice keeping a close eye on our waterborne safety.

The guys on the beach became good friends, lovely smiles at all times of day, ready to join in with our jokes and always keeping an eye out for an empty bottle of either water or Phoenix, of course they are Wessley, Ludovic, Warren and Olivier.

Full marks to Mr Kamal and the executive team, who seemed ever present to ensure that the guests were having a good stay, and special thanks to Stephanie who was to be found on reception. Further thanks must go to the delightful housekeeping teams and the wonderful gardeners and we cannot forget the cocktail team in Breakers Bar.

Perhaps one of the nicest features was to be recognised by many of the staff who made a point of personally welcoming us back.

It is very likely that we will be back next year, three in a row, a first for us!!

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Strictly-5-Star
Iain M, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Strictly-5-Star,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such an appreciative review for our Trip Advisor readers of your recent holiday at Maradiva.

I am delighted our team of Hosts delivered the high standard of service to ensure that all of your dreams and requests were met while striving to create many unforgettable memories.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with them with special mention to the names you highlighted, this will surely continue to inspire them.

On behalf of all the Hosts at Maradiva, we look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back next year to revive those special moments.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Let's be clear, this is an amazing place, perhaps the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Perfect location, perfect room, perfect pools, perfect beach, perfect Island - not quite a perfect experience! It's only in comparison to perfection that the flaws become obvious!
Here's a short list of the imperfections:
Price of Alcohol (whatever is said, it was too pricey!)
Birds at breakfast (in breakfast!)
Charging for bike loan to use outside the hotel
Variable service in Coast2coast restaurant
Many lawns and plants brown and dry
Surly boat room staff
Having got that off my chest I can say that almost all the other things in the place were fantastic. I loved the virtually empty hotel swimming pool, the villas were massive and the outdoors/indoors design was superb. I particularly loved the outdoor shower! (There is an indoor and outdoor shower).
Highlights:
Villas are very big and stylish, ours had a great view down to the beach and sea beyond
Sunsets were absolutely un-missable, sitting on the deserted beach looking west
The Japanese restaurant, the food was great and I enjoyed watching the chef cook in front of me!
Cheap booze courtesy of the Pick n Pay at the Cascavelle Shopping Centre (2 miles up the road)
Spa, lovely environment to relax in
Unlimited food at breakfast, we rarely had lunch
Swimming with wild dolphins, although not strictly at the hotel this was a lifetime high for me!
So all in all a great place which needs to train Coast2coast restaurant staff a bit better, water the gardens a bit more and cut the price of wine in the evenings! (I know the response of the manager will be that the price is comparable to top international hotels and those nearby, but simple economics says we would have purchased loads more if the prices were sensible, instead we went up the road and bought at the really good Pick n Pay, net loss to the hotel I would say!)
Great holiday!

Room Tip: We stayed in 103 or 105 which was very close to the swimming pool and bar, excellent!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley B
Iain M, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Ashley B

I am delighted that you share your holiday experience and highlighting so many aspects of our resort with other Trip Advisor readers. It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed all that our island has to offer and that we provided the perfect environment for you to relax and unwind.
Thank you for bringing to our attention some of your constructive comments. This is certainly not reflective of our normal high standards and rest assured I will be following this up with those concerned. Regarding the prices of wines, as you already mentioned all the resorts face the same challenge and our pricing is competitive in the market place. And for the bikes used outside the premises, we need to charge for insurance purpose. Thank you so much for the feedback.

I am confident in our team's ability to improve upon your concerns raised and to exceed your expectations upon your return visit.
It is our sincere hope that you will yet again return to our beautiful island, Maradiva in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in the exclusive suite villa which has a fantastic view over the pool to the beach, where last year we had a wonderful dinner, set up and managed by Swaraj, the resort's greatest ambassador. This year our early days were a little spoilt because of a bug my wife picked up on the way over, but even then the staff on the beach, Wessley, Ludovic, Warren and Olivier made sure she was topped up with their special citronella drink--the equivalent of a Jewish chicken soup cure--
During the two weeks we enjoyed dinner overlooking the sea in a private cabana and an impromptu lunch in the chef's organic kitchen garden, which remains a real high point. During our last week we moved into the Presidential Suite, and we were spoilt with a private dinner by the pool in the villa, with a torch-lit view of the ocean. Again another Swaraj treat.
We had been a little skeptical before our trip because of the changes to the management team from last year, but we were pleasantly surprised with the new team and Kamal and all his staff, especially the front office team, really made us feel special.
I understand there are some renovations due to take place to bring the resort back to its' spectacular beauty, and we expect to traveling there again next year

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sean L
Iain M, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Sean L

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience and highlighting so many aspects of our resort with other Trip Advisor readers. It is indeed a true pleasure to read that you really enjoyed and that we provided the perfect environment for you to relax and unwind.

I am delighted to see you that you had the opportunity to enjoy the culinary treats at our restaurants and our dining experiences especially in the Presidential Suite. I am proud to share with you that it is our passionate and dedicated team of Hosts who continuously strive to exceed our guests expectations that makes Maradiva uniquely special. As such, I will gladly share all of your wonderful comments with our team of Hosts, with special mentions to the staff you stated and which I know will only continue to inspire them.

On behalf of the Hosts of Maradiva we all look forward to welcoming you back to our island of paradise soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just come back from 10 nights at The Maradiva Villas. The hotel is beautiful, villas are stunning and so private and right on the beautiful beach of Rivière Noire. All staff from Kamal the manager, house keeping, chefs, waiters etc... were all so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We needed a complete relax and The Maradiva Villas was the perfect place. Thank you to everyone there, only been back 24 hours and really missing it. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: The Luxury Suite Villas are amazing, they each have there own pool and lounge area and these are the basic rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natandneil
Iain M, General Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Natandneil,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such an appreciative review of your recent holiday at Maradiva. We are absolutely delighted to see that you had the pleasure of enjoying yourselves.

Our team of Hosts made it their mission to ensure that all of your dreams and requests were met while striving to create many unforgettable memories. I will ensure that your feedback regarding our personnel is shared with them, which will only continue to inspire them.

On behalf of all the Hosts at Maradiva, we look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back again to our piece of paradise soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights for the first half of our honeymoon in Mauritius. We choose this hotel as I work in travel and its a hotel I have sold and recommended on many occasions. We were not disappointed!
The hotel is beautiful, the grounds well maintained and clean. The villa itself was very large with a private plunge pool and outdoor lounge complete with mini bar. I loved the indoor and outdoor shower options.
We tried all of the restaurants and the food was superb. All the waiters and staff were polite and attentive. Special mention to the waiters at breakfast who remembered our preferences to food/drinks and where we liked to sit. Little touches like this make you feel special and well looked after!
The beach is quiet although there was the odd boat that came past although this didnt disturb us (some reviews mentioned that as a problem)
The pool was very quiet throughout most of the day and very refreshing.
The SPA was beautiful and we used all of the facilities when we had bad weather one afternoon.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel for anyone, it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. All in all the room, beach, pool, restaurants, SPA, staff and service were all fantastic.
Thank you Maradiva for a wonderful honeymoon stay.

Room Tip: Choose a villa set back from the beach as more private
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chelsea W

Dear Chelsea W,

We are delighted you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us and thank you for the great feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests and appreciate your continued interest for Maradiva. We also thank you to share your wonderful views to the readers from Trip Advisor.

I am happy to read your comments about our staff, and that you felt they were attentive and polite. Our Employees are our main asset, and I am happy to read you felt so. I will certainly share this with my team.

We are delighted that you keep a wonderful memory of your stay among us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again thereby you can have another opportunity to enjoy all our services and facilities.