We have stayed many times in Mauritius including the Four Seasons , Anahita and the St Geran but the thing that makes this hotel the most special was the friendly staff and management. Our stay was originally scheduled for 10 nights but we stayed for a further five as we were having such a good time. The hotel management, Eric and Fabrice were always available and present in the morning and evenings so if there were any minor issues they were sorted. The food was extremely good whether you ate in the main restaurant (Great service from Vikash), bar on the beach or at that teppanyaki (we didn't eat in the indian restaurant). We don't normally take in room or in villa dining but we tried it here and it was extremely good - served hot and fresh and all the courses separately. The Head chef Jerome was always available and stood outside the kitchen in the morning and gave us a tour of the fruit and vegetable garden in the hotel where a large amount of the food is organically grown. We had so many examples of good service when we got home we asked our agent if they had given us some kind of VIP treatment but we were told its the norm. The night before Easter at about 1030pm we jokingly asked one of the waiters if they were serving hot cross buns for breakfast as we loved them so much. It was a casual enquiry but by the time we turned up at 9am the next day Jerome presented us with a freshly made batch - just for us. On another occasion my wife had a very sore throat and without asking Ricci the Head of room service turned up at our villa with a traditional home made lemon grass and honey infusion for her. The beach service is very good (Thanks Bilal, Wesley and Ludvik) with a free bottle of water to start the day off and the beach itself is huge compared to the nearby resorts so its easy to find a private spot. Like a lot of Mauritius there is a reef offshore so the beach is coral in places which might frustrate some but on the other hand within a 10 minute free hotel boat ride it was possible to snorkel over the most amazing reef with hundreds of beautiful fish. Unlike most hotels the Maradiva has a proper gym .. all high end Technogym gear with one cardio studio and one weights studio. Theres also one tennis court with free balls and rackets. The 2 trainers there, Adrian and Christoph were very knowledgable - we did their abs classes in the morning (if we were awake early enough!). The SPA is simply the best. The setting is beautiful with a very quiet pool to sit around and the range of treatments extensive and high quality. Its not surprising they have won awards. We tried several treatments including Ayuvida which involves a consultation with the Doctor Aadarsh who was very kind. The daily yoga classes are very good and geared to whoever turns up. My wife frequently participates in yoga but it was a first for me - even if you are skeptical like me just give one session of sunset yoga a try with Anand - its quite an experience. The villas are really nice with nespresso machines (remember to call and get fresh milk put in your fridge), iPod docking stations, indoor and outdoor showers and wifi throughout. You often don't see many people around the resort as so many just lounge in their villas. As one final example of service - one evening after dinner part of my wires heel broke off. We went to the bar to order a buggy to take us back to the villa and on finding out what happened one of the bar tenders, Lovy, appeared with a tube of super glue and fixed it. We cannot say enough good things about our experience here - it's certainly true the infrastructure is a little newer at say the four seasons but if you want more friendly, relaxed but attentive service, we thoroughly recommend it. We will certainly return - it was the best experience we've had on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac