We spent 5 nights at Maradiva and 5 nights at Le Touessrok on the East side of the island. We had been led to believe (and given the price increase) that Le Touessrok was to be the better hotel, which is why we saved that for last. However, we were given bum leads, as Maradiva was superiour in a lot of ways.
We chose a garden villa (205 if I recall) with views facing the nearby mountain which was great. It was enormous, the outside area tasteful, and the pool a delight (though a bit cold since it is a plunge pool). The inside was great as well, and the bathroom and outside shower was of a very high standard. Only downside was the a/c could have been a bit colder in the room (even though we had it turned up to the max). Nice touches included the ability to call when you wanted you room made up, and afternoon treats delivered to your room.
Choice of 2 restuarants - the main restuarant where breakfast is served each morning served great a la carte dinners as part of half board - a welcome change from buffets. The other restuarant was an Indian & Tepinyaki affair - the Indian was great, but we ran out of time to try the Tepinyaki.
The beach was lovely, though perhaps not as sheltered as the waters at Le Touessrok. The spa was also great, pricey (though not as expensive as Le T) but also offered free use of the plunge pools, saunas and heated pool area which I thought was a nice touch. The gym was also impressive - could have had some rowing machines, but all in all a great facility and I liked how they split the cardio away from the weights. Only downside is if you wanted to borrow the bikes to go outside the hotel grounds you had to pay - I thought this could have been included complimentary.
All in all, very impressed, and thought this place was more exclusive and high end than Le Touessrok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac