Maradiva Mauritius The Holiday of A Lifetime
Wien you come to a fantastic resort as The Maradiva and you want to give a well imformed Trip Adviser report, it would be tempting to try and find faults with this hotel. We all know that every hotel even the best ones will have something one dosent like or something that they could do better, but at this hotel these points were so negligable (for us) that they are not worth mentioning in this reaport. I am therefore going to describe to you all what a wonderful hotel The Maradiva Spa Resort Mauritius is.
First, how did we find out about this hotel? It was indeed our Travel Agent in Oslo .... Escape Travel. They were brilliant right from the start ... Coming with suggestions and ideas about how we can get the best value for our budget. In the end Maradiva was the choice and we were not to be dissappointed. And it all started when we arrived at the airport in Mauritius. We were greeted by agents of Escape Travel there we were given damp cold scented towels to wipe our hands and faces. We then received various information then given bottles of water and sent on our way in an airconditioned taxi. Plus they were there at the end also helping us with a fast track check in.
On arriving at the Maradiva just 45 minutes later our expectations ( allready high) were hightened even more as we drove through the wroth iron gates. It looked as though we were arriving in a botanical garden. Which is in fact how the whole 25 acres of this hotel seems ... The Botanical Gardens. Perhaps a few words of warning here ( and yes i know i said i wouldnt be saying anything negative) but this kind of luxurious colonial type of living is not for everyone, but if you can accept that all your needs will be taken care of 24 hrs a day then you will never want to stay anywhere else.
Our reception was wonderful . They knew our names and all the staff were very polite informative, friendly and above all very proffessional. We began to think Wow! We have arrived somewhere special. After registration, we were given more bottled water (you cant drink enough water on this Island) and then taken on a small driven tour in one of their eco friendly electric cars. On arrival at our villa the wow factor rose a few descibels more. I wont describe the villa for you because what you read on the hotels website is as exactly as it says.
From this very first day to our last, the standard of service, the quality of the facilities, and the gourmet restaurants were second to none. Our villa was cleaned every day to an extremely high standard. We received complimentary cakes every afternoon and bottles of water was placed by our bedside in the evenings. It was also possible to receive room service ( In villa dining) and the service and quality was just as high as in the restaurants.
I mustnt forget the hotel beach ... You dont need to go anywhere else for even here the service was superb! The beach butlers would reserve sunbeds for you and you receive yet again complimentary bottles of water. Here again you can order what you want and the quality is again excelent. Even the beach toilets were just (or almost) the same as in your villa.
Maradiva Spa resort a must for new lovers, old lovers, or those that want to revive their love and even for families. But as the old english saying goes, "you get what (and here even more) than you paid for. More than good value for money.
Extremely highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac